• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

has my band slipped?

debbie47

I had my band fitted in september 2007 and lost about four and a half stone. I've gained about 3 stone back due to not working with the band and my thyroid being under treated ( I was on 125mcgr of thyroxine for a couple of years, I'm now on 200 mcgr) I have now started to lose weight again (13lbs in 4 weeks)by healthy eating, but with no help from the band. I have recently had 2 fills but still have no restriction. I'm worried that my band has slipped, can anyone give any advice please?

Hello there

You would be in a lost of pain with a slipped band. Also what band size do u have and wot capacity is it filled too , the reason I asked this is because if u have a larger band it may take more fills to get the restriction, if u have ruled out everything else ( food intake and texture etc) it might be worth getting in touch with your provider and check too see if there are any leakages x If in doubt just call and get it checked out xx

I am not a bandster but good advice from BlueDiamond. If at all worried its always best to call the surgeon or his team to make sure its ok.

Hope you sort it out soon.
Piffy xx

band slip?

Thanks for you replys, I have a 14ml band with 8 and a half mls in. My aftercare finished with my original provider almost 3 years ago. I contacted them to ask about a fill and was told it would be an x-ray fill and would cost £453!!!! I am now with another provider and have unlimted fills for £345 for 6 months. I don't think they are able to x-ray fills though. I'm going to get another fill on thursday and am praying that this one will finally work!

debbie47 said:
Thanks for you replys, I have a 14ml band with 8 and a half mls in. My aftercare finished with my original provider almost 3 years ago. I contacted them to ask about a fill and was told it would be an x-ray fill and would cost £453!!!! I am now with another provider and have unlimted fills for £345 for 6 months. I don't think they are able to x-ray fills though. I'm going to get another fill on thursday and am praying that this one will finally work!

Who are u with I was told with a 14ml band u need 12 mls I'n

Hi,
My band was working superb, then I lost restriction with 9ml in a 14 ml band, please please dont ignore this, if you have no restriction get back to hospital. I had the same experience, my band has erosion, it is now in my stomach and i require surgery to remove it. I had no symtoms, but when i did get fills they were extremly painful, normally they did not bother me at all.
Dont do what i did - seek good medical advice now,I was under alot of stress at the time, so being able to eat was a relief instead of being tightly restricted. I have gained most of my weight back as well!

Back