• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how will i know if my band has slipped?

hollywood30

Hey everyone, going for my first fill next week. Getting scared incase they say my band has slipped or something like that. Has anyones band slipped before? How would I know if my band had slipped? Thanks everyone, just wondering, I tend to be a bit of a worrier ha xx

Not a bander so can't answer but I'm sure you will be fine I hope someone pops by with the reassurance you need xx

Most providers stitch them in nowadays, so something pretty drastic would have to have happened for it to slip.
What have you done / has happened to make you think that your band has slipped?

Hello there, I have been told if ur band slips u would know about it , extreme pain so I am told. xx

Hi you'll know if it slips you get heart burn really bad cannot swollow much and feel just out of sorts my band was fantastic untill it slipped and we tried to deflate it the six weeks later tried refil but it slipped again and had to remove it but I do miss my band so much it was my best friend

I also have a fill next week and am worrying about the exact same thing!!! I think it is natural to worry a bit xxx

Please don't worry about it it is quite rare and when you have a fill it is not that what causes it
They just check with a swollow test and after you have a fill you have to go back to sloppy soft food and only eat small amounts
If your band ever does slip you'll know as pain quite bad but I never had a problem with a fill
If you have never had a full before it is quite scary at first but apart from a small scratch at the port and a drink of strange fluid it's not that bad
Good luck to you both and please don't worry

Thanks everyone!! I dont think my band has slipped I was just worried what if it ever does and how would i know, Sorry to here that Maphillips :( I hope your next op goes well!! when you have it :)

Oh yeah one more thing I was going to ask.. Do you have to fast or anything on the day of your fill? I havent been told anything just the time of my appointment :( X

You really need to ask your team hun, if they havent told you they need to!

Good luck, you will be fine xx

Depends who your with Hollywood I'm withTHG and our rules are no food for 4 hours prior too fill no fluid 1 hour prior to fill , but best to check with your own provider xxx

I know exactly what you mean, when I was in hospital I needed to be sick because the gasses had moved inside me when I stood up the first time, a nurse sat with me telling me if I needed to be sick to go ahead but I'm terrified of slipping my band through being sick as that was what they told me at my consultation. So I held it in. That was hard work! Now I'm terrified of slipping my band if I am ill or anything. I'm sure we will be fine. They must be sturdier than that?! I hope! :)

Please don't worry about slippage the bands are stitched in and I was sick quite a few times at the start
Just take it easy and slow follow the doctors instructions but after every fill or any problems go back to sloppy stage or even just liquid for a couple of days
Take care but I do understand how you feel

thanks everyone, just phoned up now they said no eating 4 hours before and no drinking 2 hours x

Back