• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has your shopping list changed

I always bought the foods I'm buying now. What I need to get to grips with is buying less - half of my shop ends up in the freezer each week and I'm running out of space!

I'm the same as you Sarah. I still buy the same things and in the same quantity! I can't seem to get it into my head I can't get through all that food! My freezer is stuffed full too lol xx

I agree about milk.i don't really like it, but drink lots more of it ... Good source of protein, calcium and a bit of fat (I have semi skimmed rather than skimmed as in maintenance). Otherwise just much smaller quantities of similar food to what I used to eat. I could murder for a lovely medium rare steak though .... Shame only once in the past 26 months have I managed to eat one :cry:

In the old days I would occasionally do the food shopping on-line, and your previous purchases are already listed as 'favourites'.
It is horrifying to look at that list now and see what cr*p I used to buy on a regular basis - cream cakes, cookies, biscuits, frozen desserts, battered fish/chicken.

My shopping now takes place when I need it - and I spend about 30% of my previous spend.

Are the high-fibre products working Gary?

I tend to buy better quality stuff now, but in much smaller amounts. Like everyone else has said, it takes a while to get your head around not filling up the trolley with vast quantities of food.

Even today I have filled the slow cooker with meat and veg and potatoes like I used to and my other half has commented that I have done enough to last the week! Looks like it will be beef casserole for the next few days!!

Justine x

I buy the same thing and make the same amount but freeze one meal and then split my husband with him. So he benefits by smaller meals and I get all I need. Then every other week we only buy basics. It saves on gas cooking 2 meals in one go.

Asked my husband, and he said: "um....not really. We dont buy bread, and I suppose there is more yogurt and less chocolate now".

Back