• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I burst somthing?

Serapis Bey

Oh how things change. About 10 days ago I could hardly eat any solid foods. I mainly having low sugar sorbets, rice cakes with toppings and think luncheon meats......then all of a sudden the stuck feeling left.

I'm now able to eat
: a whole sandwich for lunch
: 6 mini chicken wings for dinner

and I don't really feel full.

I can eat soo much more than I could 10 days ago. I'm scared that I've either stretched my pouch or that there's a leak so food goes into the old stomach area.

I haven't experienced pain or discomfort, it just feels like I have little restriction. The other thing is my stools really smell, I mean bad! It smells of the food that I've eaten..(sorry for being graphic), which suggests that the food isn't being digested properly.
Im also able to drink alot of fluid. Almost as much as I could pre-op.

I'm concerned because I'm only 2 months post op.

This is not a complaint, I feel much better than I did 10 days ago, I just hope I haven't damaged anything.

Advice & comments appreciated.

Last edited:
I didn't want to read and run. I don't think you will have broken anything but I'm sure someone more experienced and knowledgeable will be along soon to advise.

We are all different and can eat things some days and others we can't eat anything. I know personally I couldn't eat a sandwich or 6 chicken wings but my aunt who had a bypass with the same surgeon can. We are all individuals.

Keep going, you're doing great

I am sorry but I do not know, I am still at the not being able to eat anything!!!

When did you have your surgery?

Plump we are all different as Andrea says. I couldn't eat a whole sandwich at your stage but i can now... However if you were to give me a piece of chicken (about 60g) and some salad i'm stuffed. Different things will fill you in different ways to different levels.

If you're really concerned, especially with stinky poo lol, then give your bariatric team a call and talk it over with them...

The further out we get the more we can eat....

Hey Plump x
As Julie says we are all different, I find that somedays I can eat loads and others hardly anything, it may be the same for you?
I doubt you have bust anything you would be in a lot of pain and feeling very ill. xxx

Thank you all.

I guess im suprised that I can eat what I can at this stage compared to how little I could eat 10 days ago. You've all put my mind at ease :)
I forgot to add that when I did eat the sandwich or eat more than a nibble, I have a large bowel movement within 10-15 minutes....(sorry again)

I have my 1st post op appointment with my team at the end of the week so I will definitely ask them about the stinky poop :D

Thanks again x

with regards to your bowels, i was just wondering what was in your sandwich? Some bypassers become very sensitive to fat (either butter/spread or filling) and have loose bowels as a result.
I agree with above comments, if you had done something untoward, you would definitely know about it lol !
You might experience lots of changes with regards to restriction as you progress. Although i'm now 16 months post op, i find that some days i can tolerate larger portions than others. First thing on a morning i start to feel full after 1/2 a slice of toast, but later in the day can eat a thin 2 slice sandwich
Have a chat to a doc or dietician about all of your concerns, not just to be on the safe side, but also to allay your anxieties.

with regards to your bowels, i was just wondering what was in your sandwich? Some bypassers become very sensitive to fat (either butter/spread or filling) and have loose bowels as a result.
I agree with above comments, if you had done something untoward, you would definitely know about it lol !
You might experience lots of changes with regards to restriction as you progress. Although i'm now 16 months post op, i find that some days i can tolerate larger portions than others. First thing on a morning i start to feel full after 1/2 a slice of toast, but later in the day can eat a thin 2 slice sandwich
Have a chat to a doc or dietician about all of your concerns, not just to be on the safe side, but also to allay your anxieties.

Hi Jayne,

I had low fat cheese and onion filling. Maybe that's what caused the funky bowel movements? Im seeing my team tomorrow so will talk to them about it all.

Thank you :)

Back