• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After eating pain

BikerBabe65

Hi everyone, I’m now 10 weeks post op and eating normal foods, my problem is everything I eat I get pains afterwards, I’ve tried eating so slowly that the food has gone cold before I’m done and I’ve even tried to make sure I’m not eating to much, but every time I eat I get pains afterwards.

I had my first follow up appointment two weeks ago and told my surgeon who said it’s normal.

My question is does anyone else have the same problem or has had the same problem? and if you did how long was it before you could eat without getting pains afterwards?

Thanks guys

I’m 10 weeks out and I get this sometimes. Are you managing to eat most foods? I’m struggling with keeping things down. Sometimes I’m ok and other days I’m sick.

Hi, I’ve never been sick and my whole food intake has changed, things I use to like I now don’t, and things I didn’t like I now do lol

Some foods are easier than others to eat, but if you try to eat something and can’t get on with it they say to leave it a month or two then try again.

Hi, I’ve never been sick and my whole food intake has changed, things I use to like I now don’t, and things I didn’t like I now do lol

Some foods are easier than others to eat, but if you try to eat something and can’t get on with it they say to leave it a month or two then try again.
Well it’s good you’ve not been sick. Hope the pain eases.

Hi @BikerBabe65 Do you think it could be trapped wind? I had the worst trapped wind a week or so ago and even drinking made it more painful. Maybe try drinking some hot water before eating and see if that helps? Even though you say you're eating slowly, are you chewing your food long enough so there isn't any chunks in there that are too big and might get stuck? What kind of foods are you eating?

Back