• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have joined a gym!

H12

Today l joined a gym! They are doing a very good deal at the moment.
Told them l was 5 weeks post bypass and l only wanted to swim and do a little on the treadmill. Have booked aqua aerobics for next week! So tomorrow l am going to do a little on the treadmill and have a swim, then relax in the jacuzzi. Have spoken to my team this afternoon and they say it is ok to start. Will let you know how l get on. Helen

Well done Helen!! I'm a bit of a gym addict now. Took me until 6 months post op to join though!

Well done! Hope all goes swimmingly! I know when I was at the Gym last year I became a bit obsessed with the weights (out of all the things to enjoy). Can't wait to get back to it. Setting myself a target of 20stone and then i'm there!

Good luck :)

Good on you for joining the gym. I already had a gym membership before my operation, but obviously using it a bit more now. Keep us posted how you are doing. You will feel better for exercising, I promise.

brill, I loved the gym pre op infact that's what helped me loose my pre op weight, 9 weeks post bypass and really need to motivate myself again, enjoy ya jacuzzi :D x

Well l have been and l actually enjoyed it!
Did 15mins on the treadmill and then 20 lengths in the pool,10 swimming and 10 walking.
Then went in the steam room and then the jacuzzi, feel totally chilled out now.

Well done you!! Am hoping to restart my gym in about 10 days. It turning me slightly mad that I haven't been able to go. I'm going to check with surgeon though so I don't get any more things wrong! Can't wait for the steam room !!

Today l did my first EVER aqua aerobics class, really enjoyed it, also did 20 mins on the treadmill before the class.I think l might ache tonight!

Fantastic, well done. Wish I could do classes, but visual impairment, loud music and hardly any demonstration except for visual just don't go together... So I have to work out by myself.

Isn't it great, getting into it, I started off 3-4 times a week, I am now 5-7 days a week on a set circuit although I quite often do extras and visit parts of the circuit a few times lol

I'm even considering joining a running club, which starts for beginners this evening - but don't know if I am that brave lol

Hopefully see you next week Jem, back to work the next day so as long as I,m all sorted l will be there.Helen

Top cat
It took a lot for me to feel confident enough to join the gym, let alone do a class, but l am loving it and everyone is very supportive, l even get changed in communal changing rooms, l feel why shouldn't l, wls surgery gives you a new outlook on life.Go on join the running club.

Yes l am Jozefina, it is amazing what wls has done for me. How are you getting on? Off to Oz soon. Will you be at the meet up next week? Helen

so glad you're enjoying it. love the profile pic! x

Back