• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having revision surgery this thursday, am i the only one?

worried

Hi i have been round the forum looking for sometime but can not find anyone who has had or abouts to have revision surgery. I had a bypass back in 2003 which has failed and i am now due into the spire on the 15th of March to have it re done but with the addition of a fobi ring. im soooooo woried :cry:

Hope every think went OK x

I had a bypass back in 2003 which has failed and i am now due into the spire on the 15th of March to have it re done but with the addition of a fobi ring.

Hope it went well and you come back soon to update us with your progress. :)

I had read quite a bit of research about the bypass and possible revision surgeries before deciding on the sleeve (because the pylorus valve remains in tact).

Some research suggested that the bypass operation would be much more successful long term (3 years ++ after surgery) if a fobi ring was placed at the base of the outlet pouch at the time of surgery, but very very few surgeons do this, and none on the NHS that I am aware of.

This study relates: Obesity Surgery, Volume 22, Number 2 - SpringerLink

wth is a fobi ring?

it's a ring that sits at the neck of the stoma (opening from pouch to stomach) supposed to prevent the pouch/intestine stretching a couple of years down the road. It can erode though.

Hi, how did it go? Hope your making a speedy recovery and your feeling tip top soon xx

How did you get on?

I am having the same revisional procedure with the fobi ring on 7th June having managed to eat round the last op!

Back