• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 years post rny now going in for revision minimiser ring and revision of previous GB

sarahjaneward

Hi guys Iv not been on here for years my name is sarah and I’m 47 years old I was 19st 7lb in 2009 I had a gastric bypass in the jan and was on cloud nine I flew like a bird I felt free the weight fell off and I totally changed my mind set (I am an emotional eater so stayed focused) you know wen things seem to perfect and something is going to come along and slap you in the face well it did! Up until set I had lots about 6 stone in 8 months wen my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 56 we were devastated but told where was hope so we took it she had operations chemo and radiotherapy and by June 2010 was finished with treatment I don’t know how but I stayed focused throughout and didn’t let myself or anyone down I felt proud. I managed after 2 years to get down to 10 st 7lb although I loved it I cudnt maintain it and found that I seemed to be able to stay between 11 st and 12 st I stayed at this for a few years knowing that if I ever felt things slipping I would just go back strict even liquid diet and things would stay stable! Then one week after my mum got her 5 year all clear she had a routine scan of her heart and I got the call I will never forget! I went to every single appt with my mum but as this was just a routine scan I chose not to go that day so I could spend the day in epsom where my daughter had started her first day at uni! Yes my mum was re diagnosed on my daughters first day at uni!
I was told was in the liver lungs bones and around the heart and this time although there were treatments there was no cure this time! I went downhill fast we spent many days and nights at Barts London while she had surgery and nearly lost her then I started to slip into bad habits eating from the shop sandwiches crisps all things that are bad!! Before I knew it 2 years later I had gained and weighed 16st 7lb. I was disgusted with myself and felt a failure I had my surgeons email still so contacted him he made me an appt at a private hospital he told me the Nhs were no longer doing revision surgery in my area so he said he wanted to help he suggested making my roux limb longer as he said ops done before 2010 the roux limbs were always too short? I agreed he said it would kick start my weight loss and no need for liquid diet before or after! I had the op in Nov 2016 It was a very painful recovery as there was a lot of scarring but I lost 3 stone but then again the weight loss just stopped! My mum became more and more ill my husbands brother dropped down dead after a minor op and I just slipped back again. I went back to see my doc and he said he should have put a Fobi minimiser ring in wen he did the op! He also told me I hadn’t stretched my pouch but I must have because I could eat larger meals so now we have decided as Iv gained a stone again and am now at 14st 7lb that enough is enough I can’t let this ruin my life any more I’m going in on 9th April and having plication which is where they fold over the pouch to make smaller then he will
Pop the ring in by endescope so that I have double protection for not over eating again. Iv never put myself first there has always been someone at sometime that need me and I have to focus on myself
Now it does feel selfish but I’m no good to anyone like this anyway I have MS so getting around gets more difficult with each stone I gain.
I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this kind of revision and how much weight you lost and how your coping? Iv been a member in here since 2008 but like I say not been on here for a while so any support or advice on any of the above would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long winded into
Enjoy your evening
Love
Sarah x

_Victoria_

So sorry to hear about your Mum, Sarah. Good luck with your journey. I hope everything goes well for you Xx

Bling Babe

Hi Sarah and welcome back, my word you really have been through the mill since you wls, I’m so sorry and it’s such a shame that it has affected your bypass, I hope your surgery on 9th April is a success and look forward to your updates. I’m having a bypass on 27th March and your post has reinforced to me how we must try to never take our eye of the ball and must remember to work with the tool. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to remember this when you had so much going on over the years. You already know what a friendly and supportive bunch they are on here so keep in touch xx

sarahjaneward

Aww hi there what a lovely message yes I made so many friends on here before and after my original op but it’s like anything you take your eye off the ball. My MS has not been it’s best either when your carrying the extra weight around you notice things slipping back but thanks so much for the message and I will be regularly updating on here and all the very best for your op it’s amazing and I never regret having it done I still feel blessed to this day! Xxx

Ninakate

Hello @sarahjaneward I'm pretty new to this site - (I’ve completed tier 3 and am waiting for my tier 4 appointment to see surgeon). I’ll be following your journey with interest and wish you all the best for 9th April. It’s not selfish to focus on your health, with good health you can be a greater support to others, but right now it’s about you. Stay in touch we’re here to support you xx :hugs:

sarahjaneward

Awww Nina what a lovely message I go on wed for pre op tests I can’t wait now so tell me a bit about u I can support you too my lovely xx

sarahjaneward

Hi Sarah and welcome back, my word you really have been through the mill since you wls, I’m so sorry and it’s such a shame that it has affected your bypass, I hope your surgery on 9th April is a success and look forward to your updates. I’m having a bypass on 27th March and your post has reinforced to me how we must try to never take our eye of the ball and must remember to work with the tool. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to remember this when you had so much going on over the years. You already know what a friendly and supportive bunch they are on here so keep in touch xx
Hi babe how did the surgery go how are you feeling? Xx

Bling Babe

Hiya it was cancelled 2 hours before !!! I was devastated especially when they told me it would be at least a month before rescheduling, however I received a call the next day offering me nest Thursday 5th so everything is crossed. Thank you for asking, how are you xx

sarahjaneward

Hiya it was cancelled 2 hours before !!! I was devastated especially when they told me it would be at least a month before rescheduling, however I received a call the next day offering me nest Thursday 5th so everything is crossed. Thank you for asking, how are you xx
Hey my lovely im ok more importantly how are you did the op go ahead?

Bling Babe