• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Healthy weight-got there in the end !

Miss Tickle

It's been a long haul, and for the last few months a slow,slow crawl but on Wednesday this week I actually achieved a healthy BMI of 24.94 ( Just !!).
I've had lots of fanciful goals in my head over the months based on whims and 'guesses' but the one true goal I have had since I started this was to get my BMI under 25. I still can't believe I've achieved it. To say I am delighted is an under statement.

I don't know if my weight loss journey has ended and my maintenance challenge begun. I think I'd like to lose a bit but I'm not sure !! ( I do want 1 more pound off so that all the charts register me as being less than 25). The thought of maintaining is quite terrifying! I'm not sure how to go about it !!

This forum has been a special place for me, and even though I don't post much I appreciate all the advice and support so freely given here.
Thanks for all your help guys XXX

Last edited:
Congratulations hunni . I briefly slipped into overweight this week , but water has pushed me back to obese :( ( trying to get off bp tabs )
Either way , if you loose more & stay healthy , then great , but you have done really well xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

Thanks Cheryl. The lighter we are the more it fluctuates I think. I'm sure fluid retention and(in my case) lack of bowel movements really show on the scale. But at least we know any little 'gain' is just a wee and a fart- not dozens of pounds of lard !!

Thanks Becky. Feels amazing to be 'normal' at long last !

Thanks Cheryl. The lighter we are the more it fluctuates I think. I'm sure fluid retention and(in my case) lack of bowel movements really show on the scale. But at least we know any little 'gain' is just a wee and a fart- not dozens of pounds of lard !!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

This made me giggle Miss Tickle. Well done on your sucess. xx

Wow well done honey!

Fantastic job. Well done, it must feel wonderful :) x

Congratulations miss tickle, it must feel marvellous to be where you are with a healthy bmi!! I cannot begin to imagine.... xxx

Many congrats, Miss Tickle. I've watched your journey pretty much from the beginning as I joined the forum in June 2011, after I had been referred and attended my first info session at the hospital -- the point at which it became real that WLS might actually be going ahead.

It's reassuring to know that not *all* bypassers (nor banders nor sleevers) magically get rid of all their EWL within 6 months ...... we all know there are *some* who do and it looks very impressive when people are suddenly 7 stone lighter and normal BMI within a such a short space of having their op.

It's reassuring to know that it *might* take 12 months, 15 months or 18 months and that we can *still* be losing 18 months post surgery.

Thanks for the *slimsperation* !!!!

Well done to you :)

I actually achieved a healthy BMI

A great feeling isn't it. Well done!

I don't care that some are now voicing that the BMI scale is not a great scale to measure oneself by - seems as good a scale as any to me (and for me) as I am not and do not plan to be a super athlete and nor am I a youngster.

I'd rather this quick (general?) measure anytime (especially considering how accurate it has been shown to be) as opposed to hip/waist ratios or using some kind of callipers or other to measure oneself. And anyway, there's an app for it :)

And long may your healthy BMI range achievement continue!

Thanks everyone. It really does feel fantastic !

Miss Tickle you have done fantastically well.
I know that when (Im being positive) I get to my goal, it will be lightest I have ever been as an adult. Learning to maintain will be a new concept!
BTW - I have very simliar stats to yours in terms of start weight/height etc, so lovely to see such a fantastic result.

It's reassuring to know that not *all* bypassers (nor banders nor sleevers) magically get rid of all their EWL within 6 months ...... we all know there are *some* who do and it looks very impressive when people are suddenly 7 stone lighter and normal BMI within a such a short space of having their op.

It's reassuring to know that it *might* take 12 months, 15 months or 18 months and that we can *still* be losing 18 months post surgery.

Thanks for the *slimsperation* !!!!

Thanks Sharon. The weight did drop off in the first few weeks but I can honestly say that I've worked for every pound since the initial few days. I have made the right food choices ( but allowed some treats) and exercised religiously ( even tho' this is currently restricted as I have injured my back). I agree with you, it's not 'magic' but hard work and making the best use of this tool. It is an incredible gift and has literally saved my life. I saw my surgeon around my surgerversary and he was very clear that by-passers lose weight quite quickly for the first year and then much more slowly for the second year. He was very clear that even though slow, we can continue to lose weight, even after two years. The initial big losses certainly spurred me on but I think the slower losses have been a healthy way forward. I was alot happier when I stopped trying to break speed weight loss records !
You're doing very well Sharon, and look amazing in your new photo's. Glad to see all the changes you've been through recently haven't derailed you. Hope the dating goes well too. You're brave xx

Glad to see all the changes you've been through recently haven't derailed you. Hope the dating goes well too. You're brave xx

Well I've kind of put the dating on the back burner on hold again for the time being. I think I had been trying to put the cart before the horse (if you know what I mean) ..... and had signed up slightly earlier than planned.

Having had one slightly illuminating experience, it will just make me more cautious if and when (probably when) I do sign up again sometime next year.

Am hoping to get focussed on the exercise for the next 5 months and make a real effort to shift the next 4 stone towards my goal.

Well done on achieving 'normal' bmi. We had our ops a few months apart and I have been following your journey and really pleased for you.

I am now in maintenance mode and so far so good.

Back