• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All

Diane 53

Hi all
I am just at the beginning of my WLS journey. I am at the stage in my life where nothing else has worked and I want to be healthier as I have type 2 diabetes and the knees are showing signs of wear. So I have to do something I want to be here to see my grandchildren grow up. Not go down the same route as my mum who passed away 7 years ago who had a triple heart bypass which gave her another 10 years. I have joined a walking for health group and doing Zumba for the over 50's (well trying to get my feet to do the right moves at the right time) :). I saw myself on a video on you tube that was made about the group and I just wanted to curl up and hide from the world. After the shock it just made more determined to do this what ever it takes. I know this is not an easy journey to take and it will be hard but I am determined to succeed. I am doing this for me. Part of my problem is the mental side of it I was able to justify eating anything that I knew was bad for me but I can't now I tell my self that I am making better choices now and I am even making good choices. My taste buds have changed things that I would never eat before because I did not like the taste I find my self eating now. I Now I choose the good things I should be eat and as time has gone on I find I don't want those foods that I ate in the past. I can walk down the sweetie aisle now and not pick anything up for me. I actually stood in the aisle the other day and thought no I don't want any of this and it was such a good feeling I can't tell you.

Hi and welcome, you certainly sound as if your 'in the zone, mentality which is half the battle, well done and look forward to following your journey x

Hello and welcome @Diane 53 That feeling you describe seeing yourself in a video or photo is one I think a lot of us can recognise. You've made a decision already to make positive changes :) I do zumba too but in the water so no one can see how often I mess up the steps ;)
I look forward to reading your diary. Good luck! X

Back