• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello I'm new!!

mrsrule

I am a few weeks away from having my second gastric bypass and am determined to actually do it this time!

I am looking forward to reading through the posts and getting to know you all!

welcome :) and same question as gaynor. when are you having op? never read of anyone on here having second bypass. btw u will be very welcome here, people are lovely and so helpful, but you will be too as you have gone through it. :) xx

I had my first surgery in 2007 and lost a fair bit of weight (from 23 stone to around 17) but always found it tough going.

I have now realised that I didn't really commit to the weight loss properly and used to gauge how much I could or couldn't eat by how much of a Happy Meal I could eat!!

I have basically managed to stretch the original pouch made for me by consistently eating just that little bit more. Without noticing I have been able to eat more and more and am now putting weight back on!

oh dear. :( not nice to hear u went through the op and that just to fall back to old habits. but really chuffed your determined to do it again and wish u all the best this time chick :) xx

thank you - I am determined to do it this time!!
Both have been self funded but this time I am paying not my parents!
Also I am married to a great guy who is really supportive too.

oh mrsrule thats lovely to hear u have a supportive husband :)im sure this time u will be successful :) good luck xx

thank you - we want kids soon and I really don't want to be a 20 stone + mum if I can help it! xx

Welcome and good luck! It's great to see you taking the bull by the horns and tackling it again! I only had my op on monday so appreciate totally where you are coming with with needing to have your head in the game as I've noticed already that's going to be my biggest issue and changing habbits of a lifetime!

What wls surgery are you having this time or are they actually able to do another bypass?

Good luck though and I'm glad you have a fantastic hubby, having that support will make all the difference!

well i think you're really brave to come back for round two, well done you and am sure that this time will be the last xx

I am having another bypass, I originally was interested in the ROSE procedure which is incisionles but Mr VDB didn't think it would suit me.
Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to say hi :) xx

Back