• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello everyone

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
:)well hello everyone my names laura ive just been to my gp who has agreed to refer me for wls, be been on a diet the whole of my life its seems and have done well once losing 6 stone but struggled to keep it off :eek:
iv got a little boy whos 6 and a little baby whos 3 months i want to be a yummy mummy not a mommy that carnt keep up when running around the park or not being able to go on the fun fair rides cus im to fat, iv tried hard to do it by myself and i just carnt so iv took the first steps and im looking forward to the future :D
ive been refered to the surgeon at heartlands hospital i think its dr super?? i know its goin to be long journey but reading all the sucess storys on here will keep me goin well done to u all hopefully be me this time next yr
i think im going to go for the gastric bypass as a member of my family who is acually on here had that and has done soooo well and is really looking amazingly beautiful and after talking to her and doin some research i think this is the one for me, but im keeping an open mind and going to speak to the surgeon and see which route he thinks i should take.
i will be using this as my personal wl diary as ive seen other members on here do i think the support and friendliness of everyone on here will keep me determind and spirits high on the down days i have.
so hello everyone and please feel free to follow me on my wl journey, my journey to a healthier happier life :wavey::thankyou::grouphugg:

Welcome Laura, You'll meet many interesting and helpful people here. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your first appointment.

Rebirth

thank you i hope i dont either my gp thinks it should be a couple of weeks untill i hear and she said that the waiting list for the ops at heartlands hospital are 2-3 months but obviously ill have to wait for first appointment until i know for sure xxxx

Hello Laura and welcome to the site. Lovely to have you here.

I've found keeping a diary really helpful, so I'm glad to see you plan to do the same.

You'll find lots of help, support, tips and advice on here, + a few laughs and the odd kick up the bum (in a nice way! LOL) when needed.

Best wishes with your journey honey.:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

thank you, and well done to u on ur weightloss so far, for me it feels a million miles away but ill feel better once iv seen the surgeon and know how long it will be until my op xxx

Well hello.... fancy seeing you here!!

Good luck on your journey hun, and Im so glad you have signed up to the forum as you will get all the support and knowledge you need here.

And if you need any help finding your way around, just give me a shout.

Laura welcome! Congratulations on being brave enough to ask your gp for the advice, seems you're very lucky to have a supportive doctor :)

Hmm i don't want to burst your bubble but i think maybe your gp means it will be 2 - 3 months for your first appointment as there are people on this site who are at Heartlands and have been waiting for a bit longer than that...

However this isn't a bad thing (well okay it will be for you, i know how awful it is when you decide to take this step and are waiting..) as it will give you time to do all the research about the various surgeries on offer. It seems like you know what you want (which is a good step) and having a successful bypasser in the family will be a godsend to you. When you see Mr Super be completely honest about your eating habits and he will guide you in the right direction.

Wishing you so much luck and speed on your journey, i hope it's not long till you get 'your new life' and please keep us updated with all of your steps along the way. Diaries are so good for those who follow behind us to help them xx

thanks everyone i know its a waiting game and may have to wait long but im sure it be worth it, thank you sam i think i will need guidence lol xxx

Back