• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

amanda577

Hi my name is amanda and I am so glad that I have found this forum as there seems to be so much information and support here. I am due to see my surgeon Mr Byrom at the royal bournemouth hospital on the 16th February 2012 for my first appointment, and really have no idea what to expect, it just says in the letter to allow 3 hours after your appointment for further assessment and tests, which sounds a little ominous. I would be really grateful to hear from anyone about their first appointment experience and what to expect from thereafter. The sequence of events all sounds a little confusing. I feel so excited that I have been approved for surgery, but also worried that I could still be refused for some other reason. Already, just reading through forum posts here has taught me so much that I didn't know about the surgery itself, and has also made me realise that I am not alone in this journey. Any imput regarding the appointment sequence and what they entail really would be appreciated.

Hiya and welcome, sorry I cant help with your appointment all hospitals do things differently but hopefully someone will be along who can help xx

Hi Amanda xx

Try not to worry Amanda, I wasn't ever told my funding had come through but hey presto seven months after pestering my gp for the op, its done and I'm recovering at home. I really hope your journey is nice and quick too xx

welcome to the family honey this place is brill for support and advice, i cant help you with your first appointment as im in a completely different area to you so my list will be very different but im sure someone on here will be able to help,

so yeah hello welcome and good luck xxXXxxXXxx

we usually have ecg, blood tests, urine test, watch a film of the different ops , meet the surgeon, see dietician nothing scary just time consuming :) sorry if i've forgotten anything but that's what generally happens x good luck and don't forget to ask questions :)

:welcome:

Back