• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello :)

_Victoria_

Hello everyone :)
I guess im at the very start of what i hope will be a positive journey. I have just decided that weight loss surgery is the way i want to go and have just had my first appointment date from the obesity clinic.
Im very nervous but hopeful that eventually i will be approved for a gastric bypass. At the moment it seems to be consuming almost all my thought and i stumbled onto this website while researching. From what i've read, you all seem very supportive and friendly.
My appointment is on November 3rd and I was sent a questionnaire with the letter to fill out and take with me to the first appointment, is this the same for everyone that gets referred on the NHS? It also warns me in the letter that the first appointment is quite intensive which makes me quite nervous. Can anyone give me more info on what to expect for that?
Thanks so much! I look forward to getting to know you all!

hello newbie ,a flying visit on a very bumpy bus ride home!

Hey Victoria. I'm ultimately not going NHS, but I was on Tier 3 for about 6 months. The first appointment for me was essentially 101 questions about my history with weight and food. I don't think it's anything to be nervous about, but it is important to be honest.

They're essentially going to want to know when your issues with weight started, what you've tried to shift it, what you eat, how you eat, when you eat. Health issues etc.

welcome to the madhouse, lots of help and support on here.

Thanks Sundown :) thats made me feel so much better. I always planned to be honest with them because like you say, thats the most important thing if you're serious about wanting help. Obviously im at such an early stage that i dont even know if i will be able to get surgery or not although my hopes are high. But even if i dont i would want to take full advantage of the help i might get to reach my weight loss goals.
Have you been given a date for your op?

Thank you, Loving the loop! It really does seem like a lovely group.

Thanks Sundown :) thats made me feel so much better. I always planned to be honest with them because like you say, thats the most important thing if you're serious about wanting help. Obviously im at such an early stage that i dont even know if i will be able to get surgery or not although my hopes are high. But even if i dont i would want to take full advantage of the help i might get to reach my weight loss goals.
Have you been given a date for your op?

You'll be fine with that mentality - don't worry :)

My op is in 5 days time. Eek! lol

Hey Sundown. Thank you, i really hope so. 2 days until your op now!! Are you excited? Good luck! I hope everything goes well :)

Hi Lilacg. Thank you. You look amazing in your profile picture!

Thanks Victoria. I have a thread in the Gastric Bypass RNY inspirational pictures section, called Be a warrior not a worrier ... If you have the time and/or inclination to have a read through. It charts most of my journey etc xxxx

Thanks! I'll definitely give it a read. I've been addicted to this site lately. The first night I found it I was awake until around 6am because I was reading through some peoples diaries and just couldn't stop. I'm gonna search for it right now :) x

Welcome victoria. My first appointment at the whittington was just a general talk about my referral and the fact that I was expected to start loosing weight straight away and in time for the first appointment! No one had told me about that and I even missed it on here! So i was put on tier 3 and the aim for the next year is to loose at least 10% of what I would like to loose after surgery. Good luck and all the best on your weight loss journey.

Thanks nafpnd :)
My first appointment went okay (i think) i saw the dietitian, she was really nice. I told her all about my eating habits as they are now and she suggested a few things to me about trying to change my behaviour towards food and to try and be more conscious of why im eating what im eating and when. I had my blood pressure taken and all of that stuff too and they said they want me to try to lose between 5-10% of the weight i am right now and she told me, things being well im looking at about a 10-12 month weight before i will be having the op but that that can vary and that she was just giving me a basic time line. I have my next appoint through for april 18th. im not sure what for though. lol

Well happy with myself today! I have been trying to lose weight on tier 3 and was told i needed to lose a stone. i put on 6lb from november until 1st of January which meant to reach my target i would have to lose 20lb.. weighed myself today and have lost 18lb since the start of January!! 2lbs off target with another 3 months to go!! SO EXCITED!! Im starting to feel like i can actually do this!! :D :D :D

Wow, that's a good weight loss, well done!

Brilliant loss...x X

Back