• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Crackers169

Hi!
I am Fiona, and I have been lurking around for a wee while now. I am 42, and live in West Lothian, Scotland. I have type 1 diabetes, and first discussed surgery with my Diabetic Consultant. Have been to my GP, and was referred to the NHS Lothian Weight Management Programme a year ago now, and am still waiting to join their programme.

In the meantime I have done loads of research, put on a bit more weight :sigh: and have now come to the conclusion that as soon as we can afford it, I am going to have surgery done privately. I am thinking a sleeve would suit best, and thinking about BMI Ross Hall, Glasgow. Have just seen posts about the gastric wrap, and think that looks like a good solution, but I think I am too concerned re diabetes to consider surgery abroad?

Anyway, enough wittering from me!!

Fi x

Hi Fiona :welcome2: Good luck with everything. there is a lady on here also from Scotland who has been told her PCT's criteria is 60+ bmi for non diabetics & 50+ for diabetics, so it is good you have an alternative to waiting until you match their very unfair policy. Good luck x :)

Hi and welcome

Good luck with which ever surgery you choose.There are lots of peeps on here who have had all the different surgeries so plenty t answer questions for you.

All the best

Jo
xx

welcome.jpg

welcome Fiona :eek:)

welcome fiona :) x

Hello Fiona,

Welcome to the site ,i hope you find all the help and support you need .

Love Marie. oxoxox

That is madness that you have been waiting a year just to join a weight loss management programme. Are you sure you are not lost in the system?

Such high criteria for your area is hard too. Good luck with however you go forward.

Back