• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!

Sair H

Hi all
This is my first post and just hope that I am in the right place! I have been lurking for a couple of months reading all of the wonderful posts on here and gleaning lots of information ready for my op. I have been in the system for nearly two years now and got my letter on Monday to say that I will be banded by Mr Super on the 22nd of March. All very exciting and long awaited for BUT........the past 5 weeks have been the worst in my life as my 24 year marriage has just fallen apart :cry: Now I'm not sure what to think about having the op as I feel that I am already under so much pressure what with selling the house and getting divorced. This was obviously never part of the equation when I first started down this long road and now I'm not sure what to do. I have lost 2 stone in the last 5 weeks through sheer stress and I'm not sure if my body can take much more. Sorry to put a downer on my first post but I'm undecided about whether to go for it and start my new life banded or see if I can put it off until things have settled. Appreciate any words of wisdom as at the moment I feel lost. Sair x

Hi sair

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Sorry your having a tough time. I have no words of wisdom other than to ask whether you'll regret not having the op if you out it off? What do your team think?! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've not discussed it with the hospital yet as have only just received the appointment letter. The date of op was also a bit of a shock as when I met the surgeon he said about doing the pre-op diet for at least 6 weeks but it is only 5 weeks until I have it done so no time for a last minute blow-out even if I wanted to!! I think that I might go and see my own GP later today to see what he thinks xx

Hi Sair

Obviously you have to do what is right for you at the end of the day. Having said that, what an opportunity you are being offered to start a new life and put some of the old destructive life behind you. Doing something for yourself. It may also provide some distraction from the less pleasant things going on in your life right now.

Mr Super did my op in July 2011, and I feel fantastic. Having the band fitted has had physical and psychological benefits ... :)

There is a fantastic support network on here. And I wish you the very best of luck with whatever you decide x

Hiya
I agree with the distraction bit as we have become food addicts...try as you may...there's no getting away with the fact that the new you post surgery becomes completely preoccupied with food! So it would help to channel your energy into this rather than the split from your husband.
What a completely new life you would have, new home, new body...it's seems the perfect time to me....show him what you're made of!!!
sorting the house etc will all resolve itself (been there!) and in a matter of no time you'll be into a new routine in your new home...would hate you then to be sat with remorse by having missed such a great opportunity!
Only you can decide but I'd say go for it!!! Xx

Sair H said:
Hi all
This is my first post and just hope that I am in the right place! I have been lurking for a couple of months reading all of the wonderful posts on here and gleaning lots of information ready for my op. I have been in the system for nearly two years now and got my letter on Monday to say that I will be banded by Mr Super on the 22nd of March. All very exciting and long awaited for BUT........the past 5 weeks have been the worst in my life as my 24 year marriage has just fallen apart :cry: Now I'm not sure what to think about having the op as I feel that I am already under so much pressure what with selling the house and getting divorced. This was obviously never part of the equation when I first started down this long road and now I'm not sure what to do. I have lost 2 stone in the last 5 weeks through sheer stress and I'm not sure if my body can take much more. Sorry to put a downer on my first post but I'm undecided about whether to go for it and start my new life banded or see if I can put it off until things have settled. Appreciate any words of wisdom as at the moment I feel lost. Sair x

The human body is amazing! It can go through so much. So I wouldn't worry about that side of it, PMA is the real issue positive mental attitude - see the positives to this trying situation. Grab your chance to lose weight once and for all and prove to yourself and no one else that you're a winner!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome n good luck in wot ever u decide x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank You for the lovely replies.....brought a tear to my eye! Mind you I am such an emotional wreck at the moment it's hardly surprising. Went to see the Doc yesterday and he said the same thing ie. see this as a start to your new life and don't loose this wonderful opportunity. He just advised me to go for it as if I refuse I may have to start this long ol road all over again which has already been 2 years long. The whole reason for going for this in the first place was to improve my health (I am diabetic, have PCOS & Lymphaedema) and not to get skinny and run off with someone else which is what Hubby thought I wanted it for. Stupid Man! I love the PMA bit and am really trying to get my head into that mindset as I need to start living life for me. Ironically my pre-op is on my 44th Birthday so a whole new start all round. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on this mad rollercoaster that I am on :)

Back