• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, newbie here

tracey1973

Hi, I've been lurking on the forum for a while but decided now was the time to post.
I have been overweight for all of my adult life and tried every diet going, I lose a couple of stone and then it goes right back on usually with a little bit extra added :cry:
I have been thinking of wls for a couple of years now but today decided to make an appointment to see my GP and ask for a referral, I'm really nervous about it because I'm not sure she'll agree to do it. I'm not sure of my weight at the moment but at a guess I think my bmi is about 53.

Anyway, hello everyone. :D

los in it

Hello tracey1973!

natnat92

hi tracey i was exactly the same as you i was petrified about getting help i didnt even know about the tier 3 programme until my gp said he would refer me but i can tell you i am 4 months into my journey i am a preopper and its one of the best things that i have done good luck with your journey you will be fine :D xx

kellou

Hi i'm new to all this, started my milk pre-op today and will be having a by-pass on 25th June!! excited x

Foxy789

Hi Tracey welcome, I'm just having my first appointment in tier 3 in July I didn't know about it either x

Natnat do they tell you if it's likely that you will be referred for surgery??? When your in teir 3 x

Hello Tracey, good luck and best wishes for your journey :) x

tracey1973

Hi Kellou, I think tier 3 is a weight management programme that you follow for 12 months before being referred for surgery. Didn't you have to do that?

kellou

I don't think so, I was referred by my dr but I had been asking for support for 10+ years maybe that's why?!? X

natnat92

i havent been told whether i will be getting surgery or not but they do know that is what i want i guess i will find out when i get referred to tier 4 next year :) xx

natnat92

tier 3 in my area is called the weigh forward it is a weight management thing that i have to do for 12 months because my bmi was under 50 and if it was over 50 it would have been 6 months and the tier 4 is next step to getting surgery so thats when i would see all the doctors and have my date set etc but what from what i have found out on here every area of the uk differs on this xx

BFB

Welcome to the forum Tracey :)

Mike k

Welcome to the site

violetangel

Welcome Tracey

Wishing you all the best and can't wait to hear about your journey xx