• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to banding

Crazy Lady

Hi
I'm new to this forum.
I was banded at Dolan Park on 20th July by Mr Hewin. I have a small band with a 3mls fill from theatre. I am now 24 days post op and have lost 14lbs. However, I have been getting really severe sharp pain through my chest radiating to my back/left shoulder blade for the past 3 days. It is nothing like the wind pain from the first 2 weeks. Now that was something else!! I am able to drink fluids and swallow puréed food. I love shepherds pie :) I also had a hiatus hernia repaired whilst I was in theatre so not sure if this is the cause of the pain? Has anyone any ideas on what the cause, or better still cure, may be?
Thanks

I can't help with your question as Im still pre-op, but I just wanted to say welcome :)

Hi and welcome!

It sounds like either wind pain or 'eating' too quickly.

Slow right down and hopefuly you will be fine x

Thank you ladies.
Mazda-I have eaten really slowly tonight and am feeling better. Thank you
Top cat- not long to go now before your op. Really good luck
Xxx

Hello Crazy Lady,

Hope the pain is going. You are doing well.

I am being banded on the 1st Sept, scared at the moment.

All the best and welcome

Jane x

Hi Jane

I'm doing loads better now thanks. Not long for you to wait now. I waited 24 days from consultation to surgery and suffered from varying degrees of excitement to being really scared and hoping I was doing the right thing. I now know I have done the right thing and am patiently waiting for my first band fill. I have had to put it off as flying over to Cyprus for a week and need to let the band settle on my return before a fill. Then made an appointment but my employer not willing to allow me time to go to the clinic so it will be over 8 weeks from surgery to first band fill as now rearranged for a day off. Currently not hungry at all so hope it lasts.
I see you are having your surgery by Simon Toh. Are you local to Hampshire as know he is a local upper GI surgeon who does bariatric surgery?
Good luck with everything. This forum has so many answers it's great.
Xxx

Back