• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

MaidoftheRiver

Hi, new here but veteran of many other forums!

So like everyone else I am sure, I've tried everything over the years. I've been overweight since my early years and obese before I was 18. My mother dragged me off to my first slimming club at 16 and humiliated me, and it's only gone down hill since.

I've had two semi successful weight losses in my life. In 2008 I lost five stone and got my bmi below 40 for the first time in a decade. Then family trauma resulted in a period of great depression and I regained the lot plus an extra stone for good measure. My weight then stayed about the same ridiculous level for five years.

Last year everything improved again finally do I gave it another go. This time I lost 7 stone and got my bmi down to 36 and felt fantastic. I then had to have planned surgery on my elbow and had to start eating "properly" again (I was on meal replacement). Soon as I did this I discovered I had gallstones in a very painful way!!! 4 weeks after the elbow operation I found myself back in for emergency gallbladder surgery.

Long story short... It went wrong, they left me in a lot of pain, I lost my job, and I fell in to a deep depression and regained all of the weight.

Since regaining the weight I have had problem after problem with my health. I just don't seem to be able to get the weight off like I did before, and I don't want to be like this any more. So I am starting to do my research in to weight loss surgery. I know it's not a magic wand that's going to fix everything overnight, but I also know a few success stories too. I don't want to be a stick thin model at the end of the day, I just want to be able to get down to a more normal size and stay there, or at least somewhere in the area!

The thing I am finding hardest is that I learnt to enjoy exercise when I was losing weight last year. I have carried on with the exercise but I am finding it so hard. I'm the biggest one in the class and I feel so self conscious. My body doesn't do what I want it to.

So hi. I have a GP appointment booked in a few weeks. I hope to go in armed with information!

Welcome! This is a fab place to get lots of help/support/advice and ideas!

XX

Welcome

Hello maidoftheriver!
Loving the name!!

Back