• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help from L&D ers please

daftmoo

Well you all know me by now, I'm fed up with not losing and want to contact my Surgeon to ask some questions does any one out there have a direct number to his office?
Also I'm so dishearted with it all. Don't know if my probs are to do with the L&D and the way they work or me, pleasse others who have been done by them let me know you are doing

I'm not familiar with your stats (they don't show on my phone) or the problems you've been having, but feel free to pm me if I can help in any way with eating etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No real weight loss since November
Able to eat more then a lot of people
Don't dump, can eat anything
Very little restriction

I'm with you Sue, get onto L&D and ask all you need too xx

Just checked your stats, and I can understand why you're disappointed. On average you can expect to lose around 1 stone per month, and you are below that.

Have you looked at doing the 5 day pouch test to try and rediscover your restriction? There is also a test you can do with cottage cheese to measure your pouch size, if you search the site it is on here, and it may be on the 5dpt site too. If you can't find it and you want it shout.

What is a typical days eating? With the dumping it's not uncommon not to dump, but it does mean you have to use your willpower more.

Are you following the rules below:

1. No drinking with meals, for 15 minutes before and 30 minutes after.
2. Eat 3 meals and 2-3 small protein based snacks per day.
3. Eat protein at each meal.
4. Eat protein first, then veg, and lastly carbs if still hungry.
5. Eat to satisfied, not full or uncomfortable.
6. Avoid refined carbs such as White bread, White rice, White potatoes and White pasta. Use wholemeal bread (not brown), brown rice & pasta and sweet potatoes.
7. Swap out to low fat versions where possible, particularly butter, cheese and meats.
8. Try to avoid foods that are heavy in sauce or gravy, such as shepherds pie or lasagne, as 'wet' foods slip through the pouch stoma into the intestines faster than 'dry' foods.
9. Don't deny yourself! If you want something, have it, but make it a small amount and not every day. This has to be a new way of eating, not a diet, and so treats have to be a part of life or you will be more tempted to break your routine and binge eat.

Think that's the most important bits. If sugar is a problem with you not dumping then don't have the problem foods in the house. If family want them, tough! They need to put you first for once and understand that having those foods around at present is too much of a temptation.

Hope that helps some. If you are doing all of the above already, and still not losing, then I would say go back to your surgeon. If you look at your daily eating honestly and can see room for improvement then try and make some changes and ask to see the dietician if you think that would help.

sue im with you i to havent lost anything for ages and can eat and eat its a total sham im really peeed of with it all i can also eat and drink at the same time without any problems, i think luton are crap

Tracy and Sue please stop beating yourselves up. Sue you've lost about 18 inches so shouldn't shout at yourself. Tracy you look bloody marvellous...

I will say Tracy that nobody said we couldn't eat n drink together, just that we shouldn't because the drink pushes the food through the pouch quicker.....

Girls get your answers and i hope the scales get binned and you start seeing the results in your clothes xxxx

hi ladies.. I have to say I am a tad concerned with what is being said here...
you guys are my mentors and I have looked up to you both since day one.
I think your frustrations are very valid,I would be concerned too.(if your following the rules )
I would be going back and getting answers...(although i dont think the surgeon is at fault here.)

Do either of you know how much of your intestine was bypassed??
I wish I could advise more.. x x

mine was 100cm bypass, it's not on my notes how big my pouch was made.
I'm starting a fresh today, extra good and more fruit and veg to see if that helps. just eating seeded bread toasted with philly and lettice, I know strange breakfast but have bread to use up lol and its good bread!!!

Have you tried the Burgens Soya & Linseed bread? It has more protein in it than any other commercial loaf, so if you are someone that wants toast or bread then it's the best bet. Beans on toast with Burgens makes a great high protein start to the day.

this was the new hovis seed sensation bread which has linseed, sunflower, pumpkin, millet and poppy seeds and 4.4g protein per slice.

Back