• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgeons criteria

diesel

Hi as some of you may know i have my appointment with the surgeon on the 4th of march at the L&D,What i would like to know is what is his criteria for giving me a bypass and what questions will he ask.
Hilary xx

hey hun :)

I just had my surgeon consult last week :) mine asked why I wanted the bypass and not another surgery and asked what kind of diets I'd done. He also asked if I knew what the procedure involved and explained it further in detail. I got given a consent form, told to read and sign it, and then ask any questions I had.
It was quick, nothing to worry about. It helps if you're informed about your op - as I think they like to see you've thought about it carefully.

Good luck, keep us posted xx

I think they are all different to be honest but the main thing is to remember they do what they do to help you. If you are honest about your eating habits and how being overweight affects your everyday life then Im sure they will want to do the op. Be prepared for him/her to ask what you know about the op though and the way it will change your eating habits....they like to see that you have researched the op and any complications etc. My surgeon asked what I knew about meds post-op....vitamins etc. Just be as honest as you can :D XX

Back