• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help I am eating

Slimslo

Hi all,

Hope you ave all had a jolly day.
My Question is i am on week 2 post op (band) and i can pretty much eat anything and everything without feeling pain or restriction. I dont know if i am hungry or what as i am not feeling hunger but can eat Chicken potatoes and drink at the same time, also chips bread etc.

This is worrying me as i think that something is wrong and i maybe dont even have a band in there. What should i do, i dont feel the iron fist my portion sizes are side plate sizes only because i know my partner is watching me and would freak knowing how much we have paid for this surgery ( i think he expects me to starve.... thats men for you)

I am really afraid and confused and need to get back on track - should i go back to the pre-op diet of youghurt and milk until i have my band filled as i really am getting worried.

and to think i was doing so well with the weight loss

and off to bed she went.:cry:

Hi,

You're only 2 weeks post op - you really shouldn't be eating the kinds of foods so soon. Should you be on stuff like pureed foods and sloppy mash potato?

Anyway ... as for any restriction there shouldn't be any. Any feeling of restriction would be down to swelling, which will eventually dissipate.

Even after your first fill you won't feel any restriction after a while.

You have a 10ml band - as Mr Khan ONLY fits those privately. My band fill nurse told me that my anything above 5 mls is when restriction is felt can't remember the term she gave it. SO I wouldn't stress if I were you. I'm at 6.8mls and I have a little restriction now, but not enough. It doesn't overly stress me .... only the weight loss or lack of stresses me (which isn't necessarily linked to band restriction).

Take it easy and don't worry. Print off this post I've written to you and show it to your hubby so he can understand.

If it helps at all ... I went with Surgicare and Mr. K was my surgeon too. No woman, no cry! x

CC x

P.S - let me know if your port has flipped..... it's Mr. K's party trick apparently.

instead of going back on the milk & yogurt diet, just stick to the post op diet you've been given.
i went with surgicare too, but had mr ammori.

2 weeks after the band you should be on soft things, scrammbled eggs, soups..anything you can eat with a fork. im afraid chicken, potatoes, bread, chips & drinking at the same time is a big no-no.
i didnt feel any restriction either really, i just had to use will power & the knowledge that I just paid almost 7k for this band & wasn't going to jepordise it working.
if you read through all the booklet, it tells you its quite common for you to be able to eat the same amounts as before, as there is no restriction in there yet...so don't worry.

i went for my first fill yesterday & they put 2.5 in...he started off with 3.5 but i couldn't swallow the drink properly, so he had to reduce.
anyway, i was speaking to a girl in the waiting room that had the same surgeon & the same surgery date as me, we were both saying how we could just eat the same amount as before, and both agreed that if we were told there was no band in there, we'd believe it. so you're not on your own.
i know its difficult, if it wasn't we wouldn't need wls in the first place. but just remember how much cash we paid out & how amazing the end results will be.

xx

Hi,

You're only 2 weeks post op - you really shouldn't be eating the kinds of foods so soon. Should you be on stuff like pureed foods and sloppy mash potato?

Anyway ... as for any restriction there shouldn't be any. Any feeling of restriction would be down to swelling, which will eventually dissipate.

Even after your first fill you won't feel any restriction after a while.

You have a 10ml band - as Mr Khan ONLY fits those privately. My band fill nurse told me that my anything above 5 mls is when restriction is felt can't remember the term she gave it. SO I wouldn't stress if I were you. I'm at 6.8mls and I have a little restriction now, but not enough. It doesn't overly stress me .... only the weight loss or lack of stresses me (which isn't necessarily linked to band restriction).

Take it easy and don't worry. Print off this post I've written to you and show it to your hubby so he can understand.

If it helps at all ... I went with Surgicare and Mr. K was my surgeon too. No woman, no cry! x

CC x

P.S - let me know if your port has flipped..... it's Mr. K's party trick apparently.

Hi, thank you for the post it kinda makes me feel better, but really worried that if my port has flipped that will cost me more and i bet hubby will think its because i have been eating (silly cow) :confused:should i call surgi-care so they are pre warned because if the band flips its really not because i have done something wrong but because the doctor has not obviously installed it properly that's why he doesn't charge but the fact that you have to pay for the other stuff should be carried by surgi-care because it there surgeon who has caused this....no?

oh also, the support at surgicare is really good, i've rang them a few times. if you really are struggling you should give them a call & be up front about it..they will advise you & make you feel a bit better about it all.
i say ring them & pester them...we paid for after care so im gonna get full use! i keep ringing them for hardly anything really...they'll be glad when my 2 years is up haha!

instead of going back on the milk & yogurt diet, just stick to the post op diet you've been given.
i went with surgicare too, but had mr ammori.

2 weeks after the band you should be on soft things, scrammbled eggs, soups..anything you can eat with a fork. im afraid chicken, potatoes, bread, chips & drinking at the same time is a big no-no.
i didnt feel any restriction either really, i just had to use will power & the knowledge that I just paid almost 7k for this band & wasn't going to jepordise it working.
if you read through all the booklet, it tells you its quite common for you to be able to eat the same amounts as before, as there is no restriction in there yet...so don't worry.

i went for my first fill yesterday & they put 2.5 in...he started off with 3.5 but i couldn't swallow the drink properly, so he had to reduce.
anyway, i was speaking to a girl in the waiting room that had the same surgeon & the same surgery date as me, we were both saying how we could just eat the same amount as before, and both agreed that if we were told there was no band in there, we'd believe it. so you're not on your own.
i know its difficult, if it wasn't we wouldn't need wls in the first place. but just remember how much cash we paid out & how amazing the end results will be.

xx

Hi and thank you for you post. I feel that i really i should be making more of an effort as i paid that kinda money and that's not pocket change is it.

I will go back to fork soft stuff and stop with the yummies because i know i'm gonna look good once i have lost the weight. I feel inspired and will find out if my band has flipped as Mr Khan apparently has alot of these.

oh also, the support at surgicare is really good, i've rang them a few times. if you really are struggling you should give them a call & be up front about it..they will advise you & make you feel a bit better about it all.
i say ring them & pester them...we paid for after care so im gonna get full use! i keep ringing them for hardly anything really...they'll be glad when my 2 years is up haha!

oh thats a good idea as we british are too well known for over politeness and saying ahhh well never mind hey. So i will give them a call and see what they say about my munching:copon:

Please don't blame the operation. Whether your band has flipped or not, you shouldn't even be attempting to eat the foods you are doing so soon!

Sorry to be so blunt but there's a post op diet for a reason!

no i would rather you were blunt so i know. thank you i will be going back to soggy diet with immediate effect.
Thanks Mixy

Please don't blame the operation. Whether your band has flipped or not, you shouldn't even be attempting to eat the foods you are doing so soon!

Sorry to be so blunt but there's a post op diet for a reason!

So what do you think makes the bank Flip?:confused:

So what do you think makes the bank Flip?:confused:

Don't be confused. It's the way Mr Khan installs them. Mine is flipped but I still have fills etc. Mr Khan has already told me that if I have any problems he'll rectify them ... he even said that if the nurse can't fill then he will - so don't worry!!!!!

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure but it could not have been installed properly or, because you have eaten the wrong foods, it could have moved it.

Sorry but stuff like the above doesn't help or allay your concerns only adds to them. Luckily the poster has made it clear he doesn't know what he's talking about - just guessing and rightly points you to your care provider. So if you have any concerns speak to them. However I can only talk from my experience. The MAY NOT have flipped, I was just asking whether you can tell if yours had or not as I could before I had my first (barium) fill. A flipped band has NO bearing on what foods your eating. Mr Khan told me he uses a particular method of stitch which invariably causes a degree of 'flippage' (so to speak), it's not an insurmountable issue, I was merely making conversation - so don't worry .... please!

Not so keen on the blutness expressed in the thread .. regardless of whther you welcome it or not as there is no need and completely unhelpful to say "you shouldn't do x" without any other form of advice. Sorry just the way I see it.

As a bander who has undergone the same surgery, by the same surgeon, from the same care provider I hope you take on board what I said. I really did mean No Woman No Cry (in the words of Bob Marley) because there is no need to worry or stress. I'm happy to speak with you over the phone to allay any fears or concerns you may have as best I can (although you appreciate it's as big a learning curve for me as it is for you).

Go back to eating what you SHOULD be eating i.e. puréed food. Then move on to the soft foods next week.

Take care x

Don't be confused. It's the way Mr Khan installs them. Mine is flipped but I still have fills etc. Mr Khan has already told me that if I have any problems he'll rectify them ... he even said that if the nurse can't fill then he will - so don't worry!!!!!

Sorry but stuff like the above doesn't help or allay your concerns only adds to them. Luckily the poster has made it clear he doesn't know what he's talking about - just guessing and rightly points you to your care provider. So if you have any concerns speak to them. However I can only talk from my experience. The MAY NOT have flipped, I was just asking whether you can tell if yours had or not as I could before I had my first (barium) fill. A flipped band has NO bearing on what foods your eating. Mr Khan told me he uses a particular method of stitch which invariably causes a degree of 'flippage' (so to speak), it's not an insurmountable issue, I was merely making conversation - so don't worry .... please!

Not so keen on the blutness expressed in the thread .. regardless of whther you welcome it or not as there is no need and completely unhelpful to say "you shouldn't do x" without any other form of advice. Sorry just the way I see it.

As a bander who has undergone the same surgery, by the same surgeon, from the same care provider I hope you take on board what I said. I really did mean No Woman No Cry (in the words of Bob Marley) because there is no need to worry or stress. I'm happy to speak with you over the phone to allay any fears or concerns you may have as best I can (although you appreciate it's as big a learning curve for me as it is for you).

Go back to eating what you SHOULD be eating i.e. puréed food. Then move on to the soft foods next week.

Take care x

thank you so much for your advise i really would like to speak to you on a 1-2-1 how doe we swap numbers?

Is it the band itself that flips over? My port has turned over as I have lost weight, which did make the fill process a little more interesting!!

At my hospital I was told that the post op diet is about allowing your body to heal and swelling to go down, also for the band to "settle" in.

But the other thing that I was told is by following a srtict diet and strict portion control hopefully you can learn better eating habits.

I have only had one fill of 2 mls and really only feel a small amount of restriction. I try to stick to small portions and eat healthy low fat low cal foods.

It isnt easy I feel hungry a lot so as long as it is 1/2 hour after my meal I drink a lot, mainly hot drinks as I find they seem to take the hunger pangs away more.

I do eat some "bad" food but try to only do it 2 times a week eg I have about 8 chips and a piece of fish about 3 inches long, or about 3 heaped tablespoons of chicken fried rice with curry sauce.

I think I am finding the band harder than I thought it would be, but just the fact that it is there makes me think twice before I eat something, do I really need it and is there a better alternative.

Back