• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry am moaning AGAIN

BandyEmm

Oh please dont sigh lol

Am really really fed up, had my band in March, had my first fill in may time i think it was, i have dropped a clothes size but the scales seriously aint moving, They are stuck at 128kg :cry: same as i was at first fill.
I dont eat or drink rubbish, im eating small amounts too, yet im at a stand still :cry:

I have my 2nd fill under a barium swallow on Thursday @ 10.15

Has other banders just stopped like this?

Am feeling such a failure right now, I cant talk to my family as they dont understand or have the time to listen, so i get no support at all.

At times i feel like ive done all this for the stupid 9 scars on my stomach and that im going to be fat forever more. And before some one says you have to make the band work ... I know, i am really trying :(

Any help would be good, :cry:

hi Em most banders have stalls with their weight loss, are you exercising at the moment ? maybe this would help to kick start the losses again, if you are exercising try upping it a little more, i found when i started swimming a couple of times a week it really helped things to get moving again, good luck x

Am not "exercising" as such but am always on the go, gardening, house work, dog walking, ( my house and garden was literally a squat when i moved here so theres always something to do, weather its decorating, putting in kitchen, tiling, moving storage heaters! then i haver the 230ft garden to contend with what was also over grown and at least 40ft of that is woodland lol

So always soemthing to do xx

its hard isnt it, I had my band in january and am still learning. I have had weeks staying at the same weight butthen lost quite a bit all in one go. Only you know if what you are eating is right or the right amount ny honest advice woudl be to write down everything that passes your mouth for the day and contiunue this for a few days you will either see a problem or work out whats causing you to not lose it.
It takes the band time to get the correct spot and as you say you have not even had 2 fills yet.
Good luck
x

I know it doesn't feel like it, but it is still early days for us. Some people take much longer to find the sweet spot and stalling is very common.

I have had several stalls over the last few months. Like Helen, I won't lose for several weeks and then I will lose a large amount in one week. I have stalled for the last three weeks and I am now considering a small third fill as my appetite has increased, as have my portion sizes.

Without wanting to sound horrible, I think you are expecting too much too soon. You have only had one fill so far. Banding is constant work and is not a quick cure. You are doing well so keep up the good work and focus on the positives! It will work!!

L x

No advice Emma, but hope thing improve for you with your next fill x

Back