• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help i need a quick easy chicken soup recipe please delias!

yorkshirelass74

I have got the chicken carcas and loads of meat left on from yesterday, people will only eat breast meat around here, so i usually throw loads of meat away, does anyone have a yummy chicken soup recipe that i would be able to follow step by step (i am a rubbish cook but love homemade soup)
Thanks in advance ladies
xxxxx

Kelly has a brilliant chicken soup/stew recipe Mona... I'll just find it for you... hang on... xxx

Kelly's recipe... it's lovely Mona xxx

thick chicken stew easy style~

*diced chicken
*carrots
*sweetcorn
*peas
*onions
*leeks
*potatoes (tho can be dropped)
*knorr chicken stock
* flour
*black pepper

So dice all veg and chicken put in a big pot with tiny bit of low fat oil ( or frylight is good) sweat all the veg down while the chicken is cooking add two heaped tablespoons of flour so it soaks all the oil and also thickens the stew....

add the knorr stock add as you please i usually use 3 litres (but makes loads of stew that you can freeze) mix it all together then leave to simmer in your slow coker if you have one.....towards the end add the sweetcorn and peas add black pepper to taste, n mmmm mmmmmm walllla lush chicken stew my boys love it x

and very low fat toooo:wave_cry::)

i knew you would come to my rescue bev, could i boil the chicken carcass to get all the meat off, and make my own stock that way too?

Yes, I do it this way love and you can be inventive and change to suit yourself... it's a good basic stew... throw as much veg in as you like, this can be either left in chunks or liquidised to make it into a creamy soup... I wish I was coming over to yours for tea Mona! xxxx

bev, thank you so much, it was absolutely delicious, the kids loved it too, you are our national treasure!!!!!
xxxxxx

That's so kind Mona... but the thanks here belong to our Kelly, it's her special recipe... bless her xxx

Back