• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need a kick up a*$e please

chel82

hi all

im 3 1/2 weeks post banding and everythings going fine i feel great iv never had any nausea or anything and im on a good mushy diet now starting to eat the odd thing normally just well chewed problem is im not making good choices at all and this week iv maintained. iv read most people maintain or even put on at some point in the first 6 weeks when you move to normal foods but its so disheartning and i need to get a grip of my diet cos i know its too high cal and fat

atm im eating cottage cheese and yogurt for breaky

soup or tinned macaroni for lunch (the tinned macaroni is far too fatty i know but i can tolerate it cold if im out at lunch time and need something and cant get to microwave

tea im having ready meals such as shepards pie or fish pie at 15g of fat plus, boil in bag fish in sauce and mash i know i need to make my own but im a student nurse with a 10 month old and an 8 yr old who can only just manage time to stick that in microwave now im on placement and travelling etc

please can i have some quick easy low fat ideas for lunch and tea that will be ok to eat as mushy going onto solid phase. also when can i move onto chicken and normal food whole safely cos it wont be as bad then atm im eating what i can when i can eat some chicken and veg ill be ok (i hope)

iv got no restriction now at all as well is that normal makes me worry cos last week i was full with soup now i can eat a whole ready meal no worries, fill in a fortnight though

anyway that was an essay lol. thanks in advance

tbh stop worrying hun im 3months post op and have had 2 fills and still dont have restriction so your gona have to be patient with the weightloss iv lost in the past month after first fill 4lbs now i was chuffed with that as i havnt been dieting but just smaller portion sizes iv had second fill and now cant eat bread and again even smaller portions but still not proper restriction untill i do have it im not gona worry to much if i could loose it by dieting alon i wouldnt have had the op to start with!! your doing well

i was on completly normal foods by 3 weeks so cant help with mushie diet to much but i would have thought you'd be pretty much nearly normal food as well just try different things

ps you have restriction in first few weeks becuase your stomach is swollen as swelling goes down you will want to eat more

I am not a bander (had the bypass 5 weeks ago) so this is just some general advice.

1. Planning ahead a few days can force you into healthier habbits so make a meal plan for the week and try to stick to it.

2. Try adding lean protein to your diet everytime you eat (fish, chicken, low-fat cheese, beans, low-fat yogurt) and eat it first. Protein will make you fuller for longer and won't make you crave carbs. in You can find sugar-free & fat free protein supplements at many health food stores if you have little time to think about meals.

3. Limit your carbs to small portions and when possible make them whole grains, beans or sweet potatoes so that you don't start a 'craving cycle', like the more crisps you have the more you want.

4. Stay hydrated. You eat less & stay full longer if you are hydrated. Try not to drink directly before eating, during eating or right after as this will wash out the food you have just eaten faster and create an empty hunger.

Like I said, it is just some general tips to help you until you get your fill. HTH;)

Good luck & keep us posted.:)

thanks girls i think the restriction i had from swelling just disappeared over night too which was worrying im fretting something has happened with it being so sudden. tonight iv had mince and potatoes and managed no problems without blending it i think when you look at these american sites their on liquids for so long you start to worry when your getting ready for solids at 3.5 weeks. think ill try some chicken normal tomorrow without pureeing it and move onto normal stuff

hi, have just been reading your thread and i had my band fitted just over three weeks ago, i think we could all get to a point when we could eat more but ive just made sure that i stick with really small portions and also not to finish it all because it takes a while for the stomach to let us know that we are actually full, its been hard but i have been pleasantly surprised at how full i feel after about twenty minutes. i dont intend to start on solids for another week on recommendations from my bariatric nurse because if the food pipe contracts too much when you eat something too soon after surgery thats when there could be problems with band slippage but it seems that we are all told differently depending on who bands us. hope this helps. x

:jelous:

thanks girls i think the restriction i had from swelling just disappeared over night too which was worrying im fretting something has happened with it being so sudden. tonight iv had mince and potatoes and managed no problems without blending it i think when you look at these american sites their on liquids for so long you start to worry when your getting ready for solids at 3.5 weeks. think ill try some chicken normal tomorrow without pureeing it and move onto normal stuff

i read some american forums and find alot of whats said very different, my dietician said it was like weaning a baby in 3wks ,1 wk liquid, 1wk mushie then 3rd wk normal food just go easy and you will be fine , it is frustrating waiting i had my second fill wed and had restriction for 2 days but it went again[swelling from fill i think] but it gets easier once you start having your fills

Back