• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP/IDEAS FOR PUREED DIET

happycampers

Hi Everyone

I am an avid reader of the forum but this is my first post. I am 8 days post op (gastric bypass) and on pureed diet but really struggling.
I am finding it impossible to puree a lot of things such as fish, meat and really struggling to come up with ideas to ensure I get my protein.
I am also concerned that my portions are to big. In the first few days did not want to eat but now I do and when eating the recommended amount I do not feel full and could manage more!
Is this normal? I would be greatful if anyone could give any advice

HC

I could manage more than told too I felt scared that they hadn't actually done the op because I could eat more but I was eating things liked corned beef hash and mash with milk powder in, and chicken soup too
You will find what works for you hun im sure xx

image-3315303674.jpg

I've found that if you only purée the stuff you have to it tastes better, that's last nights cottage pie with the mince beef mix puréed and the potato left and gravy on top.

I am 19 days post gastric bypass and I too can eat more than suggested which also worried me. If you look at your overall consumption though I bet you are eating a very small amount really in comparison with before. Also with regard to purée ing foods I have found you need to add plenty of liquid (water, gravy, tomato based sauces etc) - I had meatballs puréed with a tomato and herb sauce and a little Parmesan last night - very yummy !

I am 19 days post gastric bypass and I too can eat more than suggested which also worried me. If you look at your overall consumption though I bet you are eating a very small amount really in comparison with before. Also with regard to purée ing foods I have found you need to add plenty of liquid (water, gravy, tomato based sauces etc) - I had meatballs puréed with a tomato and herb sauce and a little Parmesan last night - very yummy !

Those meatballs sound delish! Ive been having weetabix, pureed apple, and mash with marmite gravy. Going to make a natural yog mix later with protein powder 0% greek yog and some berries swizzed together!

Do you just put marmite in gravy? Please and thank you x

Mix cornflour with a drop of water to form a paste, put your marmite in a pan I always use a generous amount cos I like it rich, add water and the cornflour mix and stir until thick x

Mix cornflour with a drop of water to form a paste, put your marmite in a pan I always use a generous amount cos I like it rich, add water and the cornflour mix and stir until thick x
Marmite gravy!!! I might actually love you a little bit for bringing such a thing to my attention :)

Oats so simple is lovely, very milky of course

Cauliflower cheese is to die for

Cottage/Shepards pie

Fish Pie

Spaq Bol just to give a few ideas

Hi, I was advised to have one tablespoon (level) of puréed protein 4 - 6 times a day, along with a tablespoon (level) of puréed veg/mash tatties. It isn't a lot but, it's enough for me just now. X

Back