• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any ideas to help with pureed stage?

post-opper

Hi everyone,

I am posting on behalf of my mother in law, she had a gastric bypass at SRH 10 days ago and she has been told to stick to pureed food for the first 4-6 weeks. The information sheet says to have 6 proteins, 2 veg, 2 fruit and 2 carbs per day. She has been feeling hungry these last few days and has just started having 3 tablespoons per 'meal'. The problem is, is that she is feeling hungry as she is sometimes going quite a long time between meals. She has also been having latte's using about a third of a pint of milk. Will this milk count as one of the proteins or can she have 6 proteins plus extra milk for a latte? Because she is now having 3 tablespoons per meal and using milk as 1 or 2 of the proteins, she is only allowed enough portions for 3-4 meals and this doesn't seem enough.
She is also stuck for ideas as to what to eat, especially for snacks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
If anyone could post a sample menu of what they were eating and how you spread it out throughout the day so you didn't get hungry or any other advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

this is a post i did from yesterday

breakfast:
1 weetabix (carb)
milk (protein)

midmorning:
a baby sized petit filous(protein)

lunch:
banana and strawberry milkshake/smoothie (protein +2fruit)

midafternoon
milk+ nas crusha (protein)

dinner:
mince (protein)
mashed pots(carb)
1tsp mashed green beans (veg)

and a mini twister later on (i dont know what this is classed as but it was nice lol)

throughout the day plenty of sugar free peach squash

there is also some really good info on here

http://www.wlsurgery.com/post-op-diet/126357-newly-post-op-post-your-daily-food-intake-here.html

Back