• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help info needed!!

teresa/steve

:wave_cry:Hi all, wondered if anyone can help. Steve had op on monday and is doing great but we just dont know how much you are supposed to have on the liquids not the drinking but when they say have soup, yogurt etc in-between. Do you just have enough till your pouch feels full or what? Also how long is it before you can stop covering your wounds up as the paper plaster things have come off and we are really struggling to find plasters that will stick (due to hairy belly lol)?????

Teresa... did they send some dressings from the hospital, mine were kept on until they healed and they are all off now, just over two weeks... the hospital sent me out with enough, or get some dressings from your GP. You can book in and get them seen to if in doubt!

I only had clear soup... and small tins, not the large... and halved the small tins.

Regarding soup... I had only the very small weight watchers sized tins and had a half tin for each meal at first that was more than enough. I didn't wait for the pouch to fill but wanted to just get my system moving. Be sure to get plenty of water in the early days... Muller light yoghurts went down very well too... If Steve feels any hunger, he can always have a little extra yoghurt in between, but I went very gently on my pouch during those initial first days... Covent garden soups are very nutricious soups too.

I had mainly ww soups, only those without bits like tomato, muller light yoghurts and water in the first two weeks alongside liquid meds.

Use a smaller spoon and be sure to sip.

I was also ok with a small semi skimmed coffee or horlicks light and a cup of tea... keep drinking Steve.

My record is on here from 3rd Feb on the meal diary of what I had when I came out from Salford.

Hope this helps.

Good luck Bev xxx

Last edited:
I had about a 1/4 of a tin of soup to start, don't overdo it. Concentrate more on your drinks in all honesty. As for your dressing ask your practice nurse x

My dressings were mainly off in about 5 days I think, deffinately within a week. With fluids like soup etc you cant really have too much as it will just go through the pouch so you dont start to get restriction until you have more dense foods. I think my first week I was having approx 1/3 or maybe a bit more on a tin of Heinz soup. I had cup-a-soups and drank all them. Dont worry about having too much just try and get plenty of fluids down :D Pleased you are doing well Hairy Belly ;) XX

Thanks girls, all the info has helped us out, spoke to salford today about the wounds and they said they should be fine in a couple of days. Once again thanks just seems a bit scary at first but we are on the right track for now xxx

Very good, it's a bit of trial and error at first... but there are a lot of us who have been through it and the folks at the Salford hospital are brilliant for advice too...

Have a nice weekend and enjoy yourselves... it's a new beginning xxx

Back