• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass completed - experiences one week on

tendersage

All seemed to be well when i arrived at the LIH 30 mins early (08:30 approx) they whisked me off within minutes to my room and showed my the ropes for calling a nurse ect.

The room was very nice, spacious, flat screen tv with crap sattalite channels on it. But not to worry as i do not watch much tv anyway. I was told to sit and relax and that Mr Manurr would come and see me shortly.

Next the physio can around and showed my how to support my wounds whilst i coughed and did my deep breathing exercises. A little later Mr Mannur arrived and said all was set and he would be with me shortly 1-2 hours time depending on how things went.

This is where everything started ot fall apart, we sat there waiting patiently and noone came in to inform us there was a delay, several times the catering people put their haed through the door and asked if i wanted a drink ect... FFS i was nil by mouth and had been since midnight it was now after 2pm and still no news so Jonah went pot the desk to find out what was happening he was informed that Mr Mannur had had problems with the first proceedure and he was running behind. As it had now been 14 hours without ANY fluids i was now to take small sips of water which i did.

4 o'clock and still no progress at which point on seeking further news that he was on the last person before me and would be with me shortly.

Eventually i was walked ot the theatre, say on the table and they started to prep me, looking down i could see MR Mannur struggling to fit another piece of equipment to each side of the table, i remember someone else turning to him and saying yes these can be a problem sometimes on these tables. At which point everything went blank as it is supposed to...

The next thing i remember was coming around on my bed ,and Jonah my boyfriend saying its ok i am here, and welcome back...

Talking to him afterwards it seems i had been in a lot of pain and wanted ot be violently sick a few times so was kept in recovery until that had passed.

Howver on top of that he discovered from Mr Mannur that the delays had not been down to him having complications with a first patient, it appears that the LIH had not had all the equipment there ready and he and they had spent several hours running around london locating it.

The operation ran very smoothly, and i felt very comfortable with Mr Mannur and the anaesthetist.

my discharge would have gone great, medications were already together papers drawn up ect however it seems they gave me an agency nurse and her interpretation of covering dressings was not to waterproof them and to not understand that the dressings could be cut... needless to say the senior duty nurse ended up having to redo them.

Yes i feel like i have been run over by a bus, i have not looked at the DVD of the actual op yet but will do in a few days.

Jonah is spoiling me rotten, cleaned through, made sure all the washing was up together bought me some flowers and stocked the fridge with yoghuts, stock liquids, milk, jellies and various other items to the point i now need do nothing...

there were some light moments during my stay... i now understand totally the SS comments LOL jonah was even doing compo imitations at them, tongue stuck out and rubbing his thighs, as for the pinki fluffy slippers seems everyone wanted a pair lol

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your story, they always make great reading....get plenty of rest and watch the weight fall off..xx

Ooh I love reading peoples stories. Thanks so much for sharing hun and wishing you a speedy recovery x

Glad to hear all went well and your back home safe. Wish you a speedy recovery. Take care. x

Thanks you two been resting and took a lot out of me just typing up this one and laughing at the two light hearted threads

I am struggling with all the fuss lol so weird isn't it when your not used ot it... but also very very nice and shows just how much he cares

Thanks netta just catching up on mail but a short visit this time over did it a little last go

you take it easy chucks! x

I'm glad your all done and feeling ok, I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you start to enjoy your weightloss journey.

i am sure to enjoy it alia, i have wanted this weight to be gone for years, now i finally have that chance.

Hmmm i have been informed once i reach a size 16 i am going to be bought a nice new dress and taken out for a meal and the opera or ballet.... chuckles i am going to hold him to that one i love new experiences

hehehe shush he pampers me a lot and is the only one i will take it off.

Its funny how life is one thing i now know is when next my family ask me for some support its NOT going to be there, not one call or text asking me if i am ok, ect i know they do not live near me but its really bought it home hpow little they are there for me when it matters, and yet i know i am the first person they turn to when they need help or support....

onwards and inwards from now on

Glad it all went well for you :) your bloke sounds like a keeper!

oh he sure is :) met 9 years ago this coming march

Glad you're doing so well hun, and what's with the DVD of the op?:eek:

Hope theve given you some good pain relief tendersage. So glad you are ok, if a little sore. I cannot wait for my next appointment with mannur/coppack in March, I feel so frustrated as It has been soooo long.
It's great you have someone looking after you and I'm so sorry to hear about your family :( . I know I have a lot of family support and my hubby will do his best but I just know that neither he or my son will do anything in the house except possibly the washing up, so it will probably all build up until I am fit to do it myself.

I'm in east london, wherabouts are you? let me know if your happy to add me to msn contacts or something ok.

Good luck and best wishes with the healing process.

please add me to msn same username as here and the hottie thing.... am sure you understand that lol

Mannur is great you are in good hands with him, are you private or NHS? when i lived over in the N4 area i attended hommerton a couple of times a very long treck by bus to get there. Now i live right by wembley stadium. Goibng private was a very big step for me as i hate loans but i KNOW this was worth doing as i wold not have had the patience to go though the NHS procedure.

Yes am on some decent pain killers co-codamol they work fast as well

Thanks slim08 its going to be an interesting year watching me melt away. although i now have to completely rebuild my metabolism i put on 1.5lb whil in hospital having the op and i didnt eat a thing, the only calories i had were 2 glasses of apple juice

please add me to msn same username as here and the hottie thing.... am sure you understand that lol

Mannur is great you are in good hands with him, are you private or NHS? when i lived over in the N4 area i attended hommerton a couple of times a very long treck by bus to get there. Now i live right by wembley stadium. Goibng private was a very big step for me as i hate loans but i KNOW this was worth doing as i wold not have had the patience to go though the NHS procedure.

Yes am on some decent pain killers co-codamol they work fast as well

Glad to hear everything has gone well! My weight has fluctuated in the two weeks since my op but am sure ti will soon settle down!

Thanks Grom i am looking forward to mine settling down, lol already had forst check in on my via text from jonah, to make sure i had had a few spoonfuls of greek yoghurt

I forgot to mention the DVD earlier its a record of my op, lol only on checking the container it was missing so a call to surgicare today to enquire about it, i bet it got left in the machine

Back