• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed with pre opp diet !

krazykelly

big boned
Hi, iv just recieved my pre opp diet in post today, I was expecting to do milk diet but its a very low calorie diet instead !

Now I know i will stick to it I have to for my own health reasons.

but to be honest its rubbish im gonna need some help with meal ideas.

the list is as follows:

Breakfast small bowl of cereal eg 1 weetabix or 3 tablespoons cereal or 1 slice of bread with scraping of Margarine !
( this I can cope with easy :))

Lunch 1 slice of bread or 2 crispbreads with scraping margarine salad or tomatoes no dressing
small portion of meat 1 slice weighing approx 50g or fish or cheese (small matchbox size) or small tub og cottage cheese or 2 eggs or 3 tablespoons of baked beans

examples for lunch are open sandwich of ham & salad, baked beans on toast small portion of grated cheese and sliced tomato on toast crisp breads with cottage cheese and side salad.

I can probably cope with this too.

Dinner 1 small potato or 2 tablespoons pasta or rice or cous cous vegetables or salad.
small portion of meat or fish or cheese or eggs or quorn or tofu or bean dish.
(Meat/fish/tofu/beans may be cooked with tinned tomatoes, onions, stock and herbs)

examples for dinner include small jacket potato, carrots and slice of roast beef, 2 tablesppons of pasta with peas and mince cooked with tinned tomatoes, onion, stock & herbs, 2 tablespoons of rice with broccoli and bean casserole.

one third of pint of milk over the day, 2 potions of fruit, water tea coffee low calorie sqaush low calorie fizzydrinks may be drubk freely, one low fat low sugar yoghurt or framage frais per day !

Now please dont think Im moaning about doing the pre opp diet cos Im not! but the above is all they have sent me !

I will be able to cope with breakfast and lunch but OMG dinner is going to be a flipin nightmare !

at the mo it looks like spag bol for 2 weeks :sigh:

if any one can come up with simple meal ideas for dinner I would be most gratefull so I can start to get the ingrediants in ready !

Ooh and i was told stay away from fizzy drinks and its says i can have em now :confused:

tpt

Uber geek
They all have their own preferred pre-op diets (and post op actually)..unless you are diabetic, there are a variety of diets you can do. I just quit the carbs then did slimfast / milk for the last couple of days, lost loads of weight and the surgeon was 'delighted'. I used to have a massive plate of grilled saus, grilled bacon, scrambled eggs & toms every morning and that used to pretty much fill me up till tea time when I would have salad with either grilled chicken breast or tinned sardines etc etc...

Caroline101061

I can email my pre op diet if you pm me with your email address - 1000 calories a day and yes, I stocked up on diet coke just to keep me filled up. Only for the diet though. No fizzy drinks post op

fuze

I am currently on exactly the same preop diet (check out my diary) and im not going to kid you it was very hard the first few days I was so so very hungry but after a few days your body starts to realise that your not going to give it any more food!!!

Planning meals is also hard. I have been having alot of home made totally veggie soups for my main meal with two tablespoons of macaroni pasta in and a chopped up quorn sausage (the best is home made tomato with the above in yum yum. Last night I had mini pitta pizza. I had a yogurt for my breakfast and used my bread allowance and used a pitta bread and made so mushed me home made tomato base with garlic and chopped up some fresh tomatoes and grated courgette and an onion and warmed that in a pan till it was all down and then blended it till smooth (if too runny add more grated courgette to thicken up) and then put as much of that as you want on the pitta and then use your 50g of cheese (i have been using the low fat mature cheddar from sainsburies) and grate that ontop, pop it under the grill for a few mins.....and yum yum sooooo good!! (if you are careful you can open the pitta up so you can make too pizzas (it tricks your brain into thinking you have more food on your plate so you will feel full).
I have also been having scrambled egg on toast for dinner (main meal) which is also very good! (i tend to save my bread allowance from breakfast and use it later in the day and just have a yogurt and a piece of fruit for breakfast!)

teen

post op loser
You will do it once you get into it I had to do my pre op over xmas and new year and managed it (cheated xmas day). Good luck

Mummyof2

I had the same pre op diet although mine wasn't as detailed as yours believe it or not lol

I skipped breakfast
Lunch:
Had two slices of bread as a sandwich with these small beef slices and a dab of tomato sauce and a bowl of salad.

For dinner I had lots of brocolli and cauliflour with a weight watchers fish pie or this mince n potato meal and i did this for a week lol

I also had a small little 2 portion size fruit pot everyday.

It was boring but I had enough energy to run around after two kids so was all i needed.

thinkbethin

I did the milk diet so can't really help. I'm glad I had the milk and yoghurt one as it was easier than having to work out what to have. Had I had a diet like yours I think (know) I would have cheated.
Good luck with your per op diet and I'm sure someone will help you along.

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
I was on a VLCD for the first week of my pre op diet, I drank fizzy low cal drinks, as per the diet sheet. To feel a little more satisfied I made a vegetable soup which had very few calories. At my first weigh in I had lost only 4lbs and was told to lay off the fizzy drinks (and that they shouldn't have been on the sheet) as this could have been making me retain and stick to water. By op time, after a second week of soup and jelly, I had lost 24 lbs total - according to their scales! The surgeon was delighted by the size of my teeny weeny liver.

:hug99:Lots of luck with the diet, it sucks but is the best contribution you can make to a safe surgery.:hug99:

Lx