• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet :-(

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi all

Started my pre op diet today, and all i can think of is blooming food, and am starving, anyone give me any advice, not been naughty but everywhere i look i see food lol

this is what i have had

Breakfast 1 Banana (as not a breakie person)

Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bread with Turkey and salad
6 chunks melon
and for tea was thinking of

small pork steak, 3 new potatoes, sweetcorn, brocolli, sweed and carrot.

Im new to this and any help be great, i'm on the liver shrinking diet below, if anyone can think of different things for me or help would be good, am useless at diets but cant cheat on this one, hence why im in this state!!!!

Breakfast Small bowl of cereal, or
1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread

Lunch 1 slice bread or 2 crispbreads
Small portion lean meat or fish, or
Small portion cheese, or 2 eggs (not fried)
Green salad (no dressing) or tomatoes

Dinner Small portion lean meat or fish, or
Small portion low fat cheese, or 2 eggs, or
Tofu or Quorn based dish
1 small potato or 2 tablespoonfuls pasta or rice
Vegetables (as many as you like except for root vegetables)

Daily 1/3 pint milk for use in drinks and on cereal
2 portions of fruit (e.g. apple, orange, banana, pear)
Free water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks
1 low fat, low sugar yogurt or fromage frais

:cry:

hi love , i know its not much of an idea but i find if i have porridge and half a banana it feels me more for longer,and im allowed half a banana a day! yippee lol,,ive not started my pre op yet , but luckily im allowed slightly different things to you ,which is weird,as im not allowed parsnip or potatoe,,but i can have carrot and swede which i will mash with 100g meat or fish,,and veg,,,,,,,or to top quorn mince with mashed carrot and swede, i just like my meals to resemble what the rest of the family will have,i know its hard , but youl do it , also u can make ice lollies from n/s squash to have while ya watching tv ,,not very exciting but at least its something! lol good luck x,

Thanks hun, just need to keep busy, been told cant have the sweed. Hope you get on okay xx

It's gets easier I promise ..
My hardest days were 2-5.... Then your tummy gets use to the lack of food :0))
I am on week 5 of 6 weeks and I am on yogurt and milk now for my last week.............
Did do 2 slim fast and 300 cal evening meal for 1st few weeks.
I have lost 24 pound and still counting :0))
Good luck when's your op ... My one is next Tuesday .. Yay x

Bex,

That is word for word what I can do if I take the food option!

What about sugar free jelly or a cup of coffee when you get a craving - or even have one of the 3 pieces of chewing gum you can have a day?

Where are you having your surgery?

Tatiana

Dont know, have gone on cancellation list so they can just phone me if they have a slot, just hope its not too long, on normal list i was due to have op by end of september x

Dont know, have gone on cancellation list so they can just phone me if they have a slot, just hope its not too long, on normal list i was due to have op by end of september x

OOoo good luck, hope you dont have to wait too long :) xxx

Hey Becky you are on the same pre-op diet as myself. Only difference is that you are on the one I had two years ago and the one I am on now is almost identical to yours but I can have a small tin of baked beans with either lunch or dinner and am allowed some low fat salad dressing on the greens at lunchtime.

As I have the gastric band at the moment I cannot eat the bread, even toasted, so beans on toast are out (same with scrambled egg on toast). I also have problems with the veg so I compromised by making a lovely green vegetable soup and put it through the blender and that goes down a treat - I eat that with the crispbreads topped with some low fat dairylea spread (cant stand low fat spreads) and the 2oz of chicken or ham.

I am not allowed carrots, onions, peas, corn or any other root vegetables though and so my soup was made up of green beans, leeks, sprouting broccoli, cabbage and asparagus. Oh yes and I added my small potato to the soup to thicken it. Also plonked a spoon of the dried milk powder for extra protein. It should last me a few days.

Best of luck hon. I am on the final countdown too and getting really jittery and, if I am honest, scared stiff as the day of the op approaches.:)

Thanks hun, and wish you well with op, bless you, you've already been through it with a band, did that not work? Dont think am allowed Dairylea and meat hun - will do the soup though xxxxxxxxxxx

Bex,

When I tried the soup and yoghurt day that is one of the options for my pre-op a real bonus was the chicken and veg soup (I ate Baxters healthy range) as the veggies were a godsend for being something textured and to chew on!

You are so close now you will do brilliantly. As someone said to me at support group on friday - the 2 week pre-op diet prepares you excellently for the 6-8 week recovery diet!

Thinking of you,

Tatiana

Back