• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help needed

tray

for the past 5 days i have been dumping bad on anything with milk in it . i cant even have cereal with milk now . i also cant eat chicken , so now im getting a bit lost for what i can eat, i hate this dumping feeling, i get so hot and sweat so bad, then start to shake, and feel like im going to pass out . it has only been the past few days this has been happening, up untill then i have been fine except with chicken. i have gone a bought some build up, to put on some food, so i can get a bit more protein in me, but i need food ideas..........

Could you have become lactose intolerant? Have you tried alternatives to cow's milk like soya milk? I know it is not as nice but worth trying.

hi tracey,it sounds like your going through what i been through last week but i had hypos too.i think i was eating to quick cos mine has slowed down a bit now but try what john said n see what happens but i know how you feel hun cos there s**t xx;)

Hope you are soon feeling better Tracey, thinking of you xxx

Sorry I cant help with any advice Tray, I do hope you get it sorted out soon though. Lactose Intolerance does seem to be an issue for some people though. Good Luck :D x

Tray I think you need to speak to your surgical team, as this is very strange. Dumping technically can only happen with sugars, and while milk contains some natural sugars (lactose) chicken doesn't!

Lactose intolerance is quite common post op. Try lactofree milk and start to read labels as milk and lactose are in far more products than you'd think. As well as lactofree and soya, there is oatmilk and ricemilk so there is a good range of tastes.

Tray you can get Lactofree milk from Sainsbury's an Tesco in the chiller with the regular milk. It tastes just like cows milk hun. I must say i was lactose intolerant for a while but didn't have the shakes etc... xx

Tray I felt lousy with milk...lactofree milk has worked nicely for me....

also, try making a veg soup (carrot and coriander is yummy) and blending in some tofu. It's in the fridge section in the supermarket, looks like white jelly. It has no flavour but is high in protein and blended into soup, makes it really creamy.

Back