• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please - i just started to get pain after eating or drinking

BUNNYRIOJA

[url=http://tickers.wlsur
Hi All,
I am 7 weeks post surgery & today have just started to get pain immediatley after eating or drinking, does anyone else get this? The pain in quite central & also goes into my back.

Any advice would be really appreiated.

Bunny x:cry:

Hi Bunny this is really common but if you are worried you should contact your team. if you put in pain after eating in the search bar at the front page there should be lots of threads and advice on this xxx

for me that pain was something stuck are you chewing up stuff REALLY small early days and when it is stuck it does hurt ??

Just an idea

Thanks Starry, I think I am chewing enough I am eating tiny amounts & chewing lots but will really make sure I continue to do so, ta for the advice, much appreciated.
bunny x

Hiya
I used to get this badly, especially after drinking. I didn't ever find out the cause, and it gradually just happened less and less and now I can't remember when I last had it.

I definitely found luke warm temperatures helped, nothing too hot or cold.

When it was really bad I would go back to sloppies for a day or so as I worried it was stressing my pouch. No idea if this helped or not but made me feel I was doing something.

Make sure you chew really well, and put your fork down between mouthfulls, really small amounts.

As I said, I mentioned it to my provider over and over and never got an answer, and it has completely gone so hopefully yours is harmless too.

Good luck

Rx

Thanks for the advice, I will go back to liquids for a couple of days sounds like a good idea to me, it's quite scary when this happens so it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with this problem.
Bunny x

What sort of things are you eating bunny?

I've heard of people getting a pain after eating too fast and also drinking too fast....

Apparently the advice is to chew everything to death and then chew it some more... xx

Lisa,
Usually low fat yogurt for brekkie, soup for lunch, meat & veg for dinner. I have also had petit filou for snacks.

Regards
Bunny x

Thanks Julie, I will try to chew some more, I eat quite slowly & Chew & Chew but will try harder to chew more.

Bunny x

You've had some great advice so far bunny about eating slowly and chewing your food etc, hopefully this will help you. If the pain persists though hun, or gets any worse please consult your bariatric team.

aww bless ya bunny, but please dont feel bad about making a fuss when it is your health. If you have been managing fine until now, and the pain is a new thing when eating then it could be signs of a blockage or stricture - but it is more likely to be what the others said - eating too quickly or not chewing enough - old habits die hard.

How are you feeling now hun?

Back