• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bowel pain blockage ?

I do think you need to sort an earlier appointment. You do need a medical check. Don't want to leave it too long x

I do think you need to sort an earlier appointment. You do need a medical check. Don't want to leave it too long x

Hi,got an appointment for this coming Thursday 19th to see Mr Ackroyed hopefully, a week early just hope I get to see Mr Ackroyed has only seen him once when I saw him before operation, so don't think I will be having a scan on that day,still in pain but not that much been taking some pain meds buscopan these have really helped that somebody told me about on here, the pain his still in my back bit like when your over weight like back strain but there all the time, also still get slight pain in left side. I have noticed if I eat bread the pain gets more agitated and I've cut down on pasta and rice.
Thanks to all who gave me information on what I might have, I know a lot of people have said it might not be gall stones has they say the pain his in the wrong place it should be right hand side or centre of chest, but my sister in law said she got no pain at all, and a friend said he got the same pains as me and his was gallstones.
We will have to see what's going to happen next.
Bigbeefybuilder

Best of luck with ya appointment next week. Hope you get some answere or solutions pleased the buscopan is helping. Certain bread cripple me and pasta in small amounts and rice. I am better off with lasagne if I am having pasta, rice really bulks me out. Uncut granary bread kills me as does hi bran and burgen cripples me. I think some times food cannot dissolve enough before it gets to our bowel there fore gets stuck hence the pain and boy can it hurt, even after the offending items pass through I am in discomfort for 4-5 days after this. xx

Best of luck with ya appointment next week. Hope you get some answere or solutions pleased the buscopan is helping. Certain bread cripple me and pasta in small amounts and rice. I am better off with lasagne if I am having pasta, rice really bulks me out. Uncut granary bread kills me as does hi bran and burgen cripples me. I think some times food cannot dissolve enough before it gets to our bowel there fore gets stuck hence the pain and boy can it hurt, even after the offending items pass through I am in discomfort for 4-5 days after this. xx[/QUOTE
Hi,certain foods get me freash bread t-cakes pasta and rice I try to avoid them now,as a treat yestoday I went for a Chinese meal but only could eat the vegetables and meat left the rest,I'm looking at kiddie's meals now as I feel guilty for ordering a adults meal, I still graze through the day so I'm having 6 x small meals a day I'm hoping to get that back in check and get to 4 meals.
The pain in my side was back last night and was in pain 3 hours,its a chronic pain when I've seen the Dr this Thursday going to ask for some strong pain killers see what I get.
I'm hoping when the better weather comes I can get out and do some walking with my wife.
Thanks for caring and hope you get a pain free year, bbb

I hope that you get sorted soon just a few things to keep in mind. The 'usual' symptoms for any problem are just that usual. Medical journals are packed with folks that presented with the problem either without the usual symptoms or different ones. Poor docs always quote and take notice of the usual, good ones are able to take that leap of faith and say 'you know what this is unusual but….". Hope it all gets sorted

Sounds like Gallbladder problems to me.

I didn't have typical symptoms. But it turned out to be what it was, and had it out in 2009. Mine was caused by rapid weightloss (11st in 10 months).

I wonder if rapid weightloss causes different symptoms.

I hope that you get sorted soon just a few things to keep in mind. The 'usual' symptoms for any problem are just that usual. Medical journals are packed with folks that presented with the problem either without the usual symptoms or different ones. Poor docs always quote and take notice of the usual, good ones are able to take that leap of faith and say 'you know what this is unusual but….". Hope it all gets sorted

Hi well it all started again about 3pm until about 10:50 last night started with chronic pain just below breast bone and pain below my belly button was in hell with this,my wife thinks it could be trapped wind I'm not so sure has I've never suffered with trapped wind, we bought some grape water just in case but that does not help much,the pain I thought started to go at 8pm but started in my back and left flank I'm in that much pain I cry.
Any way thanks for your post BBB

Sounds like Gallbladder problems to me.

I didn't have typical symptoms. But it turned out to be what it was, and had it out in 2009. Mine was caused by rapid weightloss (11st in 10 months).

I wonder if rapid weightloss causes different symptoms.
how do they check for gall stones? I've a feeling on Thursday the consultant will just ask me what my symptoms are and examine me I'm hoping I can get some sort of scan done, has the pain comes on it seems to get worse last night out of ten it was at times a 7,when I get this I just wish I could ring 999' but they would take me to BDGH Barnsley, not the best hospital plus my consultant his at northern general I'd want to go to Sheffield, I'm frightened that I could be making things worse by waiting to see Dr? At present I'm laid in bed and feel like I've been kicked by a mad bull. Had this about five weeks and its a long time to be in chronic pain with out and strong pain killer's, last night I tried a hot been bag for the pain below chest did not help, for my back ache I tried a tens machine that helped, just had my tablets and a cup of tea going to watch what I eat today, I've got to be very carefully has I suffer from migraines and hypoglycemic.
Thursday can't come quick enough for me, I'm Hoping he can give me strong pain tablets.
Thanks for your post, BBB

how do they check for gall stones? I've a feeling on Thursday the consultant will just ask me what my symptoms are and examine me I'm hoping I can get some sort of scan done, has the pain comes on it seems to get worse last night out of ten it was at times a 7,when I get this I just wish I could ring 999' but they would take me to BDGH Barnsley, not the best hospital plus my consultant his at northern general I'd want to go to Sheffield, I'm frightened that I could be making things worse by waiting to see Dr? At present I'm laid in bed and feel like I've been kicked by a mad bull. Had this about five weeks and its a long time to be in chronic pain with out and strong pain killer's, last night I tried a hot been bag for the pain below chest did not help, for my back ache I tried a tens machine that helped, just had my tablets and a cup of tea going to watch what I eat today, I've got to be very carefully has I suffer from migraines and hypoglycemic.
Thursday can't come quick enough for me, I'm Hoping he can give me strong pain tablets.

How did the operation go? Was it worse then gastric bypass? Were you in hospital long? And was it key hole ? Interested to know? I thought there would be more news on this site or people telling me information.
Any way look forward to hearing from you.
BBB

Hi buy some peppermint oil, I'm always going on about it but it works, lady week I was suffering with bad wind and pain even though I was going to the loo, every time I went I felt like it started at my neck and it looked like it did, ( sorry for information) I went about five times but the pain was unbelievable like I said lady like labour pains, chemist said the best thing I should take was peppermint oil. All you do is put a few drops in hot water and sip input in about 6 stops you can drink it cold but hot is best, small bottom so you can carry it around with you. Give it a try it settles most tummy wind problems. It also recommended after surgery to get rid of the wind pains.:)

I wonder if it is a kidney stone. I had one back in September. Was so sick and in such pain I was retching and could barely walk. The pain came in waves. I feared there was an issue with my bypass. Got rushed to see the man who sent me for x-rays - they showed all was OK with my guts and I was referred to A&E with a suspected kidney stone. But it went en route as suddenly as it had come. We are on big doses of Calcium aren't we so it kind of figures it might be a possibility. Hope you get sorted soon Beefy. Most unpleasant and distressing xxx

They did so e sort of ultrasound on me. Them a quick chat with the consultant where he agreed it was gallstones even though was not a standard set of symptoms. Your pain sounds exactly like mine.

I wanted to be dead when it happened. I eventually found a position that helped - leant against the headboard but bent slightly forward. Took hours.

Prior to that I tried to vomit (drank pints of water then brought it up) because I thought it was through binge eating.

Hot water bottles never really helped me. I had no pain relief.

How did the operation go? Was it worse then gastric bypass? Were you in hospital long? And was it key hole ? Interested to know? I thought there would be more news on this site or people telling me information.
Any way look forward to hearing from you.
BBB

Op was a piece of pee. Was key hole and I was out that night. When I woke from the op I asked the recovery nurse if the transplant worked. Her face was a picture.

I've not had a bypass yet - my weight loss was lighter life. That said, my first attacks were prior to the weightloss - that loss only meant I got more.

Bypass seems a harder op.

I found gaining weight quicker and easier after the op. And I often feel slightly sick when my tummy is empty as the bile duct continues to drip bile right in instead of collecting in a bladder.

Btw I've so far never met a woman who has had both kids, and gallbladder attacks who thought labour was worse. So far they've all said the pain was easier to cope with in labour. But hen I suppose when you're giving birth to a baby, it's more to look forward to!

They did so e sort of ultrasound on me. Them a quick chat with the consultant where he agreed it was gallstones even though was not a standard set of symptoms. Your pain sounds exactly like mine.

I wanted to be dead when it happened. I eventually found a position that helped - leant against the headboard but bent slightly forward. Took hours.

Prior to that I tried to vomit (drank pints of water then brought it up) because I thought it was through binge eating.

Hot water bottles never really helped me. I had no pain relief.

Op was a piece of pee. Was key hole and I was out that night. When I woke from the op I asked the recovery nurse if the transplant worked. Her face was a picture.

I've not had a bypass yet - my weight loss was lighter life. That said, my first attacks were prior to the weightloss - that loss only meant I got more.

Bypass seems a harder op.

I found gaining weight quicker and easier after the op. And I often feel slightly sick when my tummy is empty as the bile duct continues to drip bile right in instead of collecting in a bladder.

Btw I've so far never met a woman who has had both kids, and gallbladder attacks who thought labour was worse. So far they've all said the pain was easier to cope with in labour. But hen I suppose when you're giving birth to a baby, it's more to look forward to!

Hi all, Been to Sheffield hospital this afternoon it was supposed to be a follow up to me losing weight, any way Mr ackroyed never examined me just asked what the problems were, which I explained and then he said it could be a hernia or gall stones, and he was going to send me for a blood test, and then have a MRI scan in the future. That was that end of appointment, wish I'd seen his under study now as she his brilliant and asks what I've been doing, a great bedside manner.
Its the waiting game now and trying not to eat stuff that make me in chronic pain.bbb

Well that wasn't very helpful, only in the long term but what about the here and now suffering???? Shocking they wouldn't let animals suffer so why humans? I really don't know!

Well that wasn't very helpful, only in the long term but what about the here and now suffering???? Shocking they wouldn't let animals suffer so why humans? I really don't know!

I will give my consultant one thing he's good at been a good Dr but he needs to brush up on his bed side manor' never asked me how I'd got on or any of the staff, they usually weigh me! I'm trying g to stick to a under 3.5 % fat diet to help keep this bloody pain away but it's hard has every time I eat I get the same pain but at a milder ache! Not has bad but a good 2 in the pain barrier. I might have to ask chemist to see if they can give me something to kill pain.
Thanks for coming back to this thread.
BBB

hi, got a letter from sheffield hospital this morning not bad only went to see dr last thursday, ive to book for a CT Abdomen & pelvis with contrast
no idea what that his i would think im having some sort of dye in my body ?
bbb

aww gud that's fab news at least they are investigating bout time too x

Hi all, had ct scan at the halamshire hospital in Sheffield, had to drink a good ltr of water and other liquid, then have a canilor fitted to my arm for some dye to go in,weid experience, now to wait to see what they find? Lots of things going through my mind, just hope they find what's been causing chronic pain, haven't had a bad attack since Feb 14' but get pain after most meals.
Wonder what other tests I can have done! I've heard that sometimes gall stones don't show up or you don't get pain with them, does anybody get a gurgling noise when you eat or drink ? Its like food and drink going down a drain, and I still find it hard to eat salad stuff feels like its cold in my stomach.
Bigbeeybuilder

Hi I don't have gurgling when eating but I do get it most nights and it does sound like the drains have been blocked and now I've put Mr muscles down to unblock,them its a right racket but I did have it in a meeting yesterday when someone announced " oh someone's hungry" because they didn't know who it was, but it was just noise lol

Back