• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel so ill-any advice please?

Miss Tickle

Hi, I am 5 weeks and a day post op. I have had a really blessed journey since the day of my op. My pain has been manageable, apart from having a fever for a few days immediatley post-op I've been well and mobile, I am still tender and can't sleep and can't sleep on my side but have had no real problems. I've followed the post op diet to the letter ,so am now 1 week and a day into the puree stage ( was on liquids for 4 weeks).
This morning I had a teaspoon of Fage 0% yoghurt and about a teaspoon of weetabix-then could manage no more. Felt full, terrible pain under my left rib and felt generally terrible. After a while I felt totally exhausted and had to go to bed. Since then I've managed fine with my fluids and at tea time decided to have a Lauging Cow Light. These have always been easy to digest as they basically melt in my mouth. I felt completely full after Id had it, and the full feeling grew and grew and about an hour after eating I got terrible pains in my left side, and low down in my tummy and chest, as well as a feeling of stuckness. Generally feel terrible. I have walked,sat, lay down-no relief. I am burping a bit, but they are painful and get stuck-just like when I woke up from my op. I keep thinking I will be sick, but nothing comes out.
I'm not sure whether to try to drink or just have nothing more at all today. I would like to try a peppermint tea but am scared.
Sorry to moan and for the gory details, but I'd welcome some advice as to what I've done wrong, and what to do to help myself.
xx

Hi, Soo sorry you are feeling so ill. :( I am a pre op'er so can't offer any advice, but do send my good wishes for a speedy recovery. I am sure someone on here will be able to help you :) xx

You haven't done anything wrong, speak to the surgical team tomorrow and get their advice.

Thanks Karlos, I will do. I hope I'm not just being a big baby
xx

Hi Miss T

Agree with Karl, you havent done anything wrong hun. No harm in trying a warm drink and in the early days that worked for me if I got that "stuck feeling"

You could be one of the few that needs a small stretch, so do keep an eye on it, and do speak to the team tomorrow. You shouldnt have pain on such small quantities, and it seems you have made sensible choices.

Big hugs x

Yes warm drinks really helped me in the early days especially peppermint tea. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks everyone, I'll follow your advice.
Just psyching myself up to take me night time meds now, am scared they'll get stuck too.

Try going back to liquids for a few days then try sqidgy foods again. If you have the same problem, contact your team as you could have a stricture and need a stretch. You're describing the same symptoms as I had and I was taken in for a stretch which helped no end.

Poor you:)-hope you feel better real soon
I would give the peppermint tea a whirl...
+ some arm swings-HTH
XXXJulieXXX

oh dear hun, hope the warm drinks help. I'd give them a ring and ask about the pain aswell. Let me know how you get on, hope you don't need a stretch x

Awwe Miss Tickle you have been doing so well. My inspirational teem mate. Keep on top of things and deffo ring up today if things haven't improved overnight.

You have got to feel better to keep me on track. Hugs and blessings. Let us know how you are feeling. x

Oh no. That's awful. I hope you start to feel better soon. I am 2 wks out and I get that pain on my left side under my rib cage to. It seems like it happens when my bellys full. It takes awhile for it to go away and i think it feels kinda swollen. But I'm not sure what it is either. It sounds a bit like your problem.

Ah sweetie you are not a baby, this is what this site is about, people helping each other. I hope you feel better real soon and I hope you have follwed Karlos advice and got in touch with you surgical team. Sending a big wrap around hug xx

Thanks for all the great advice and kind responses. I felt poorly till about 3.00a.m and then have felt much better throughout the day, and have had some food without any nasty effects. I'll definately contact the team if it happens again though !

I used to have pain in the shoulder or the rib. Allways trapped wind for me :)
I wud still ring and double check instead of waiting to see if it happens again xx

So glad to hear you've felt better today, hopefully you have now turned the corner and all will be a bit more settled :)

Back