• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please.... TMI.

ditzeeblonde

I have got some food stuck & have an incredible pain in the middle of my breast bones...

For the past 35 mins I have been retching & bringing up like a flemmy foam (sorry) & nothing is easing at all.

Is this a sure sign thats something is stuck? Just wondering why its not coming back up again & all I'm getting is this bubbly fluid?

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.x

oh hun, I remember that pain well. It only happened to me once or twice but I do recall how horrid it is. It does sound like something is stuck.

Try sipping a warm drink, and walking around. The drink will either flush it through or force it back up.

sam, allie, would it be normal for ditzes pouch to be a bit sore and sensitive for a day or so now, or would it be ok straight away, im just wondering for future reference, and also will let ditze know its normal if thats the case. ive been lucky up till now, and wouldnt have known what to do, we live and learn dont we. thanks guys , hugsxxx

yes Dawn, it might be a little sensitive for a day or two.

Linzi, if you feel tender at all just stick to fluids for 24 hours to give your pouch a rest.

This sounds more like trapped wind than stuck food. Trapped wind is very common post op, especially in the first 2 months, whereas stuck food is not common at all. The foamy upchuck is typical of trapped wind, as is the intense pain under your breastbone. The wind is caused by eating too quickly and/or taking bites too big. Your bites should be no bigger than the rubber on the end of a pencil, and you should chew, swallow, and wait a few seconds before your next bite. In the early days, a hot meal should be cold by the time you finish it! If it's still hot, you are eating too fast.

Trapped wind can happen after one bite, or twenty. It lasts around 30-60minutes and is incredibly painful. It is relieved by belching, if possible get someone to rub your back like burping a baby. If alone, try rocking backwards and forwards and walking around. Bending right over and standing up straight can also help.

With trapped food, it isn't as painful. Instead, if you try and eat or drink anything, it will come immediately back up and be painful when you try to swallow anything. If possible, just lie down and wait for it to pass, after a while try sipping fluids very slowly, but if it comes back up again leave it for another hour or so.

Thanks guys for all the advice... had no more ill affects last night but certainly did not fancy eating anything!!

Only had water so far this morning & am about to have a protein shake as I'm off for a swim so need something... will let you know how I get on with food later. xx

I got the foamy froth when the haddock got stuck night before last. I was in agony for about 20 minutes, and then in pain for about a further 30.

And yes, my pouch was very tender and irritated yesterday - everything set it off.

I'd stick to soups and fluids today if you can hun to give pouchy a rest.

Same thing with smoked mackerel . . ergh I felt like one of my boxers drooling!!! Its not nice and not something I intend to repeat . . . .

Back