• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please!!

kirstyd

Started my pre op today :) for breakfast I had a slim fast strawberry shake,lunch chicken stock cube a banana apple and nectarine for lunch and for dinner I had chicken, turnip, carrot and onion all cooked in the slow cooker in a stock cube it was disgusting :( can someone please tell me how to cook it properly to make it as tasty as possible.

K xx

what diet are u on honey?

2eggs or slim fast for brecky
Stock cube lunch
Chicken or fish for dinner.

Yuk yuk there must b away to make it nice :( x

does it not say High protein, low cals/carbs or anything like that?
who is your provider? xxx

I used to dry fry my chicken with some paprika and cayenne and black pepper, with lemon juice squeezed on when served. I liked it!

Wls yeah it's high protein, low carbx
well thats what i was on. For breakfast i had things like bacon and poached eggs, yummy
Ihad chicken or tuna salads all the time, with just a small amount of low fat dressing. I hate slimfast but i found the asda ones ok, they're called measure up. Can you get hold of protein shakes? i couldnt afford them, but you can get samples at www.thegoodwheyco.co.uk i think thats the address lol just try to vary it honey, you'll be fine :) xxx

How did u cook the chicken? Last night I put it in the slow cooker with veg and stock and it wasn't nice? X

You can even cook the chicken in the oven with a bit of lemon juice salt and pepper wrapped in tin foil. I used to steam my chicken and had green veg with it and then done an oxo, but didn't add too much boiled water so it tasted beefier

Good luck

Kim x

This is the problem I am facing I am going shopping for my pre op food on Thursday and starting it Sunday, breakfast I was going to have a whole pink grapefruit black tea. Water in between meals. Lunch boiled egg salad, and dinner grilled chicken (purchased from morrissons) with salad or veg and snacks sf jellies would this be ok?
But I tried baking a chicken fillet in the oven with silver foil like you would roast it and it wa very dry and not very tasty, can you use those cook in the bag things with seasoning or are they too fatty?

Thanks Ali
And good luck all.

I don't know Alison :( really just want to b told wat to do lol I normally pan fry chicken or stir fry it! But it's the whole no sauce thing. And as for herbs n spices I don't know how to do that lol xx

I boil my chicken, all the fat comes out and its lovely and moist. I ate lots of babybell lights. You can eat anything really, just avoid fat, rice and potatoes, i ate loads of salad with tuna/chicken/eggs/cheese xxx

2eggs or slim fast for brecky
Stock cube lunch
Chicken or fish for dinner.

Yuk yuk there must b away to make it nice :( x

With chicken fillets they dry out very very quickly & easy to over cook. Cooking in foil is a good option. I was on low cal high protein pre op diet. I lost 1 1/2 stone in 2 weeks on it.
I put my small chicken fillet into oil with a little chicken stock, soya sauce, some crushed ginger & garlic & a shredded spring onion. Wrapped it & put in oven for 15 mins. Checking it is cooked.

That sound nice bellydancer! I'm gonna check if I can use soy sauce!

Today I'm gonna have chicken with tikka and paprika spice :/ I'll give it a bash lol.

Wat temp shd I put the oven at? X

Mine is fan assisted so 160 if not 180. Mmm chicken tikka yum. I managed prawns for the first time this week & it was ok. Been having trouble introducing new foods & textures. Gradually getting better though. Nearly 6 1/2 stone & 3 months post op so very pleased.

oh kirst thats what im not looking forward too. me and wendy said at our last meeting we would prefere milk diet. mind u, we were the only ones lol. i know u cant make 12th but when do u think u can make it? obviously not the 27th but maybe 12th of july? xxx

The 27th is 9 days after my op so I'll c how I'm feeling! But the 11 o July I'll prob b in Scotland my daughter has a hosp apt on the 11th :( xx

Back