• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

Woody76

Hi
I am relatively new to the forum but I have had my seminar at Darlington hospital last week. I was told my next appointment would be in January on 21st but out of the blue I have received an appointment for next week. All the appointments line can tell me is mr Samier has asked to see me to discuss options. I have left a voicemail with the bariatric nurse to ask what this means as I am now panicking they won't do the surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this good news or bad? I have lost 6 lbs this week since seminar but worrying that won't be enough. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for reading
Woody xx

Thank you sarahrob
She said its probably to discuss having a balloon before surgery
Back to the research lol xx

hi and welcome im sure its just to meet the surgeon to discuss what surgery you might want i wouldnt worry to much prob just a formality

Hello, welcome to the group. I'm sure youll be fine, probs like the others have said to discuss surgery options x

A ballon is a procedure to help weightliss. They put a saline balloon inside your tummy and then inflate it. The lack of space creates restriction helping you lose weight x

hi woody and welcome, if your BMI is quite high they will want to offer the balloon to aid ur weightloss until you are at a weight they feel comfortable to give your your long term weight loss surgery. It is actually a positive, its a way of getting you ready for ur surgery. They will want u to have lost a certain amount of weight before he see's you again for ur next part of the journey. Good luck x

Thank you everyone. I have done some research on the balloon so not so freaked about it. I will take the advice of the surgeon after all he is the expert and I am literally putting my life in his hands

Hi Woody,

I'm 9 days into my balloon and have started a thread under Other WLS Procedures. If you do get a balloon I would love a buddy. It seems as I'm the only one on here currently ballooning and I'm not finding any support. Good luck with your appm't.

Hi Neisie I will let u know how I get on. I was getting worried about the lack of people having it done. How r u getting on with it? R u having it done prior to other surgery? R u private or nhs?
Sorry about all the questions lol just wanting more info xxx

Hi Neisie I will let u know how I get on. I was getting worried about the lack of people having it done. How r u getting on with it? R u having it done prior to other surgery? R u private or nhs? Sorry about all the questions lol just wanting more info xxx

Hi Woody,

I think it's a popular procedure but it doesn't have the same amount of support groups... As far as I understand through my research and my time with my balloon so far, it's simply a tool to help you eat less - you must still diet and exercise to achieve weight loss.

As to your questions: I'm doing great so far. Day two sucked as I was barfing like a champ but that was pretty much it for being sick. It's uncomfortable to lay/sleep on my right side for a long time. The only other thing is sometimes I get filled with gas and look 7 months preggo but I eventually burp it all up. I've already been swimming a few times and am starting back with my personal trainer on Wed - I'm running (hopefully without walking) a 5K race this coming Saturday.

I live in the Middle East so I paid privately. I had a choice of Doctors, hospitals, and balloons and chose my hospital bc it was the only one offering the 12 month Spatz balloon; plus the Doc did an extended surgical residency at Harvard University which is home for me so I felt more comfortable with him. Ooh - and he ballooned his wife which set a lot of my fears aside.

My balloon isn't a prep for anything else - starting with a BMI of 32/33 so only need to lose about 40-50 lbs to be at goal weight. I've just been struggling for a few years and hoped that 12 months on the balloon will reprogram me back into a healthy runner instead of a fatty TV watcher.

Back