• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous newbie

orangenfruity

Hello everyone! I am due to have my triple appointment at luton & dunstable on 3rd June. Can anyone tell me what happens next? How long will I need to wait after this to have the op?
Any help would be very much appreciated x

Welcome aboard Fruity xxx Plenty of great bypassers are ready to give you lots of first hand experience and knowledge xxx Hope you enjoy it here

Hi, I had my triple appointment in March, I was then put on my 4 weeks Milk Diet by the dietician.

After the four weeks on the milk diet, if you have achieved a 5% weight loss (I actually achieved a 7.3% do it can be done), you will then be put on a two week refeed diet, which is more milk and solid food. At this point, I also got an appointment made to see the surgeon on the 2nd June, and I believe at this time, i will get a surgery date.

I hope this helps you.

The nurse at that point just talks to you about the different type of surgeries that are available to you and discusses the pro's and cons.

Hi, I do think you will find every area is different! My experience has been nothing like most of the guys on here - I almost feel guilty it has gone so quick/smooth - only referred in February, group meeting 3 weeks ago, one-to-one last Monday and due to see Consultant in a week or so, then they reckon surgery could be just two weeks after that! Try and start a thread about where you are having yours - you may get someone responding who has had the same surgeon. Good luck though - its very exciting and this forum is fantastic - I have made lots of notes xx

at your triple you will also see the shrink, but don't worry about her shes fine as shrinks go, lol

Thanks

Hi everyone, thanks for being so welcoming! Your posts are very helpful. I have been told that I may experience hair loss, did this happen to anyone and how bad was it?

Hi everyone, thanks for being so welcoming! Your posts are very helpful. I have been told that I may experience hair loss, did this happen to anyone and how bad was it?

I have hair loss it started about 3 months after my bypass. Im lucky that i have thick hair as the loss is quite a bit. Ive tried all the potions but nothing worked for me.

welcome and goodluck xx

Back