• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hey everyone

tor

hi everyone.
my name is tor and i am 22 and had a gastric band on the 21-05-09.
i have been looking for a gastric band forum for ages but at last i have found one.
still in a bit of pain and i am very bored of just soup and yogorts. Is anyone on here a veggie. i am and am wondering if that makes a difference?
my stomach feels very tight and i struggle to stand up straight, is this normal? sorry about all the questions. haha. speak to you all soon hopfully.

hi Tor, welcome, it's brill here, sorry can't help with your questions as i'm waiting for my op but there are many experts here who will help you all they can.
What part of the country are you from?

hi everyone.
my name is tor and i am 22 and had a gastric band on the 21-05-09.
i have been looking for a gastric band forum for ages but at last i have found one.
still in a bit of pain and i am very bored of just soup and yogorts. Is anyone on here a veggie. i am and am wondering if that makes a difference?
my stomach feels very tight and i struggle to stand up straight, is this normal? sorry about all the questions. haha. speak to you all soon hopfully.

hi tor and welcome to minis, you have found the perfect place for advice and support from other wls patients.

i am a bander of 4 years but im not a veggie so i cant really advise you on what to eat.

your tummy will be tight and tender as your only a few days post op, just do small bursts of moving/walking from 1 room to another, i know its hard but this will help your recovery.

liz x

hi julia i am from the north west of england in cheshire, next to liverpool. but i have a job in bedfordshire during the week so i come bak up of a weekend. when are you having your op. what hospital are you going with?

thank you everyone. its nice to speak to people who understand what your going through.

Tor I am waiting for funding from PCT. I will be going to Bristol, however depending on PCT response it may be soon or far if I have to fight for it!

Hello Tor, welcome to the forum. I can't help you with your questions at the moment as i am still waiting but there are so many peoples here who will definately help you with all your questions. its a very friendly forum. I hope you will like it here.

Hi tor welcome to mini's and the losing team, liz is our resident expert on banding, with 4 years experience... you are in good hands with her advise. I had a bypass in jan 09 and am not a veggie so can't answer your questions but did want to welcome you

:( i dont know any veggie banders so im useless here :(

Hi Tor and:welcome2: to mini's. I had my band on the 18th so just a few days before you. Can't help on the veggie side of your questions but can on the tummy side. I'm 6 days post op and still feel very sore. If I stay in 1 position too long then it feels like I'm going to split so i keep moving around. This also helps with getting rid of the terrible wind pain in the shoulders. When you stand up try not to stoop too much, if it hurts to straighten up then hold your tum as you do it an it does'nt hurt half as much. Keep us up to date with your progress as we're a freindly bunch and we all like to help if we can.
xxGaynorxx

Hi Tor - and welcome to Minis. This is indeed a great weight loss forum with excellent people that will be able to answer most of your questions knowledgeably from their own experiences.

Glad to know there is another person on the losers bench - well done

Hi Tor

I had my band fitted on 25th April, I dont eat meat but I do eat fish. Im just returning to food at the moment. Believe it or not its actually hard work eating proper food - but I'm getting there lol

Good luck on your journey x

Hi Tor welcome to Mini's. I had my band fitted on Saturday in Manchester, I live in Liverpool.
I have been a little tender but had no pain and am able to get about very well exept for bending down. Keep on the move and you should be fine v soon.

Back