• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried about my gastric band

tor

HI my name is tor and i had a gastric band back in may 2009. i am just wondering if anyone else has needed their band tightening after so long?? i have gradually started putting weight on (about half a stone). I feel that my band isnt helping anymore but i am also worried that it may have leaked or i am doing something wrong. please help!!!
frown.gif

I'm sure you just need a little adjustment. I needed a defill a last year but reckon I could use a little top up again this year.
Have a look at Mazza's food tips which is a great guideline from a goal bander , it's below my signature here.
That's going to give you a good refresher on what foods work best with your band.
If those foods are similar to what you have been having yet you have gained, then maybe you do need a little top up.
I am prepared to go back for adjustments in the future, it's one of those weird things, sometimes bands can take on fluid from your body and sometimes you just need a fraction more to get things rolling again.
Definately check in with the food tips thread though as you may discover you are having a lot of carbs and slider foods without meaning to.

Back