• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi all some advice please

janelouise

Hi ya I had my sleeve done on the 17 th jan this year.
Can anyone tell me if they were still takin pain killers as I'm finding that if I don't take them my tummy hurts like it's a hunger pain so I keep thinking I'm hungry but I can't be I think I'm havin enough to eat.
Breakfast is oat so simple porridge 1 sachet
Lunch today was 3 crisp bread with pate and a cuppa soup
Mid afternoon muller Greek corner
It looks sn awful lot to me can someone give me some advice this is right I'm so worried bout puttin weight on I think it's makin me paranoid????

Thanks all xxxx

Grace

Sorry I don't know much about post-op diet for sleevers. But no, that doesn't look a lot to eat to me.
But although you've had major surgery, I don't think you should be in that much pain by now.
I think you should contact your team for some proper professional advice love.
Pain should never be ignored. There may be a simple explanation, but best to get it checked out.
Grace xxx

Deets

Hi Janelouise,

Breathe and dont panic!

i stopped taking painkillers as soon as i was out of hospital. Maybe you're not drinking enough which is why ure tummy is growling? Have you asked your provider for advice?

Since getting my sleeve, all my tummy does is grumble at me. When she needs feeding she really goes off on one and because i havent felt hungry so far, thats when i know when to have my cup of soup or yoghurt.

Hope it gets sorted soon, do let us know what it is when you figure it out x

TessG

I had mine done on 17th Dec and am still have trouble with pain. The hospital don't seem that bothered. The out of hours doctors service have suggested some tests for gallstones which my GP has agreed to. But quite frankly the hospital is crap! I am eating tiny amounts. Getting through painkillers and gaviscon by the bucket load.

rambo

leicester tigers
hi girl to be honest u should not be in any real pain now i was lucky i guess and had no real pain at all from the very start my daughter had her sleeve just last week and also has no pain , as for feeling hunger i have not felt any since my opp neither has my daughter it may well be head hunger , as for the pain i would see ur team or ur gp it should be gone by now thats for sure
hope u get it sorted real soon
regards steve x

goingtobehappy

Hi, had my sleeve on 1st of feb and haven't needed painkillers since the day after, have a word with your provider, they are the experts and should know what could be causing it.
I haven't felt hunger pains either, but I do know when my pouch is empty just by the way it feels.
Have you had problems with gallstones before?
Please speak to the experts, we only know on here from our own experiences.
Keep us upto date, we want to know that you've got it sorted.

emma ruth

hiya i had mine sleeve on the 29th of jan and only needed pain killers for a few days but what your eating is not alot so when u get the gurggles try a cheese triangle or a fromage frais yog i get the gurgles alot of the time too xxx

thinnerangela

Possibly head hunger!!.

Could be the crispbreads - they are taking up a lot of room in your tum and need to be chewed to distinct sogginess!!

You don't mention your fluid intake - I think it should be 2 litres a day.

Have you tried toast or other carbs - this whole process can be a bit of trial and error - finding out what sits and what doesn't - crispbreads go down with me but give me terrible wind - realised its simple carbs that do this

Hope you feel better soon

xxxx

Mixman

Don't take the cuppa soup the same time as the crispbreads. Wait 30 minutes after and before you've eaten 'solids' before taking fluids.

I'm over 18 months post sleeve and still get pains if I eat/drink at the same time. Sometimes I forget but I know about it when I do!

And yes, my stomach still grumbles at me this long gone.