• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keep Stalling - some advice please

galm37

I'm taking Roch's advice and posting what I've been eating. I'm exactly 4 wks post op tomorrow. By day 11 I'd lost 15lbs, then nothing for 9 days.
I've since lost another 5lbs and have been stuck again for another 3 days.
I know it's a little premature to be moaning about not having big losses and reading other posts I know I'm not alone.

But I've lost more weight when I was doing the Cambridge diet!
I've been keeping a food diary to take with me for when I see the dietician.
So here's what I've had for the past 4 days.

(1) Milky Coffee, 3 tbsp cooked porridge with ss milk, 2oz refried beans, Milky Coffee, 2oz refried beans with 1oz low fat cheddar cheese, 2tbsp puree apple with NAS custard made with ss milk, 2.5 ltrs water with NSA juice.

(2) Milky Coffee, ½ weetabix with ss milk, 1 cup Spicy turkey & tomato soup, Muller Light Toffee Yoghurt, 2 oz Spicy turkey mince with pureed carrot & cauliflower cheese, Milky hot chocolate with SF caramel syrup, 2.5 ltrs water with NSA juice.

(3) 2 x black coffee, 2oz cooked porridge (water) couple of tsp yoghurt to thin (ate ¾ ), 2oz home made Guacamole, Milky Coffee, Banana protein shake, 1 cup lentil & sweet potato soup, 1 Light Baby bel, 2.5 ltrs water with NSA juice.

(4) Milky Coffee, 1 egg, 2 heaped 2tsp cottage cheese, 1 x Tesco healthy option bacon (all whizzed up in blender & nuked till soft) ate ½, 3oz low fat yoghurt, 1oz each of Guacamole & Hummus, Milky Coffee, ½ cup spicy parsnip soup, 1 Light Baby bel, 2oz cottage cheese, Milky Coffee, 3 ltrs water with NSA juice.

Can anyone see if/where I'm going wrong?

thanks

I think your doing fantastically well and I was a massive staller throughout my journey. I would loose nothing for weeks then BAM a stone! I really wouldnt worry about weight loss, conentrate on high protein, low fat, low sugar low carb foods and you wont go far wring babe!

You are doing well from what i can see. I too have stalled along the way and then like Sal loose a good bit to make up for it. Do honestly believe its part of the way surgery pans out. You are doing really well with your fluids and from what i can see your food diary looks fun. Try not to worry about the stalls they will come and go but you will still get fantastic results xx

Gail, what you have to take into account is if you have been dieting previously and lost a chunk of weight before your op then your body is in diet mode and holding onto the pounds. I am exactly the same. I lost 2 stone with the CD diet before my op and my weight loss has been slow since the op, but it is coming off and I am also losing whilst eating nice normal food (i.e.not shakes, soups or bars). Some people lose at a slow steady pace and others lose loads - you are drinking well and there is no reason why you shouldn't continue to lose. Also, the usual amount to lose is about a stone a month, so you are on track there. I have learnt not to compare with others as we are all made differently and have different amounts to lose. I'm sure when you look back in a few months you will have worried for nothing. Good luck in your journey x

Last edited:
I remember my first month i was so excited when i lost 12lb in my 2nd wk after my op then i lost nothing for 3wks!!! I was gutted!! Trust me it will soon even itself out xxx

im the same, 6 weeks post op, loose loads first 4 weeks then nothing for the last 12 days. I convince myself that im the rare case that it will not work for. But this site is soooo helpfull, it puts your mind at rest when it happens to others as well and its just a part of the journey. How can you not loose weight having upto only 500 calories a day.

Back