• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All sorry haven't been around for a while..

Wolfeyes

Hi all

I haven't been around much as started back at work!

How my life has changed so far started off at being 15st 9lbs I am now 13 stone!! brilliant, I am so pleased with myself. However I cannot wait to get out of the 13's feels that its an unlucky number to me lol.

Anyway I am ok in myself, still quite weak and I've started walking with the dogs not just ya average walk, my poor dog especially the heat wave we are having :D I am gasping and wanting to gulp water or juice lol but have to sip slowly......:cry:

I am 5 weeks post op so I am eating puréed food, I have a craving for broccoli at the moment so I boil that and carrots and potatoes, once cooked I mash until very runny add a sprinkling of cheese and salt and pepper and I love it, mind you only have a little.

This is my questions I had to do 4 weeks fluids etc and then 2 weeks puréed (running of spoon) then 2 weeks after this thicker puréed/mashed with added chicken and other meats! then by the 10th week I can eat normal small amounts of food!

Any advice on foods etc I also know that other hospitals advice differently on what to eat after a sleeve....... whats yours??

Sorry to babble on :rolleyes:

Cheers
Kaz
xx

I don't have the answers to your questions but I just want to say that's a fab loss so far. I can't see your stats but I'm assuming you're not long out of surgery? I'm really hoping to be in your position soon. Your post has reminded me to go for a winter op. that thirst in this heat must be unbearable unable to gulp!

Sleevewannabe definitely go for a winter op, I am gasping and use to drink loads of water! but cant at the mo only limited to have sips etc. plus you will enjoy the soups (fluids) after op especially in the winter.

hmmm wonder why you cant see my stats?

Kaz
xx

I think it's either because I'm using my phone or because I'm new and haven't posted enough. Sometimes I click on links that interest me but I'm denied and told I don't have enough posts lol. I got all excited yesterday because they told me I could now have an avatar. I thought my restrictions had been lifted but no :(

My provider say's 3 x weeks fluids,3 x weeks pureed,2 x weeks soft & then slowly reintroduce normal foods,but be aware you may not be able to tolerate bread or red meats! clear as mud,why don't providers get there heads together & standardize the eating plan following surgery?

I agree with KJB, my team have said 2/2/2 and by week 7 to be introducing normal 'textures'. I'm just approaching the end of week two so moving into purée and yesterday I purred a wee pan of chilli and it looks absolutely awful... Tastes ok though.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm currently on my second (and last) week of anything mushy - defined as food that can be mushed with a fork. I found the puree stage the hardest, TBH, so was glad to be out of that after a fortnight.

A typical day for me - I try to make sure every meal has protein and fibre:

B: Half a cafe au lait slimfast, served over ice, sprinkled with cinnamon. Or sometimes I've made a smoothie with a few frozen berries, Greek yog, milk and cinnamon. Very refreshing in the heat.
L: Usually something left over from dinner or a previous meal; I do find myself repeating meals a lot at the moment, due to portion sizes. Today I will have a ramekin sized portion of crab and avocado salad, mashed together with balsamic vineger and black pepper. This was also my L & D yesterday!
D: Varies; I'm liking the Innocent veg pots a lot. One does me 3-4 portions and they of course contain plenty of fibre. I mix each portion with plain fat free Greek yoghurt to add protein. I've also made mini-omelettes with one egg and a grating of strong cheddar, or had a piece of fish in cheese sauce. I like fish, so have also had tinned tuna or crab upon occasion. I'm not a huge meat eater, so haven't bothered trying to puree any of that.

For snacks, I have Greek yoghurt pots - I like the Danio fat free fruit ones, or the Muller Light Greek variant (these are good as the pots are smaller). If I want something savoury, I have a level teaspoon of smooth NAS organic peanut butter.

(All of the above is off my provider's suggested dietary plan, by the way).

HTH xx

Back