• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all

weightogo1

Hi all..

The lovely serenitylove pointed me in this direction months ago and although I've been reading, I dont think I'veposted yet.

So I thought I would.

I went to see my GP back in Feb09 about a referel for the band. Had my blood tests the next day.

Saw the dietician in May09 (skinny waif, not going back there)

So I saw a different GP again today (to discuss progress of funding) who now says the band isnt right for me and I shouldnt be having it. yada yada take more pills and run for 90 minutes per day - with my sciatica? not bloody likely pal.

So I cried all the way home :( Phoned my fella and blubbed to him for a bit.

I called the surgery back up and Im waiting for MY GP to call me back.

What the hell do I do now, I'm feeling so disheartened.

xx

Hi all..

The lovely serenitylove pointed me in this direction months ago and although I've been reading, I dont think I'veposted yet.

So I thought I would.

I went to see my GP back in Feb09 about a referel for the band. Had my blood tests the next day.

Saw the dietician in May09 (skinny waif, not going back there)

So I saw a different GP again today (to discuss progress of funding) who now says the band isnt right for me and I shouldnt be having it. yada yada take more pills and run for 90 minutes per day - with my sciatica? not bloody likely pal.

So I cried all the way home :( Phoned my fella and blubbed to him for a bit.

I called the surgery back up and Im waiting for MY GP to call me back.

What the hell do I do now, I'm feeling so disheartened.

xx
well done for going back to gp and i hope you get more joy when they call you.
i went private so i dont have any experience with nhs funding.
you will find all the support you need here - good luck

Hello there

just curious as to why the gp change when 1st one referred 4 for banding...?

All the best & keep fighting the good fight - mejulie x x

Hi all

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome.

It was a different GP I saw today, a bit of a mix up me thinks.

Anyway I spoke to my GP about an hour ago, he's still cool for me to have the band but thinks I should try another 2-3 months of Reductil before he applies for funding.

If I lose weight, then I will be under the 40 BMI and will probably be refused anyway.

f*cks sake.

OMGlion.gif

Hi all

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome.

It was a different GP I saw today, a bit of a mix up me thinks.

Anyway I spoke to my GP about an hour ago, he's still cool for me to have the band but thinks I should try another 2-3 months of Reductil before he applies for funding.

If I lose weight, then I will be under the 40 BMI and will probably be refused anyway.

f*cks sake.

Girls Im wondering, if I go back on the reductil for a couple of months and lose weight, as I will drop to under the 40BMI - would I then be turned down for surgery for being under the 40bmi?

This worries me and its preventing me for wanting to go back on the pills.

Hello There do you know wot the kent nice guidelines are??? if you are only being considered on your bmi , and the criteria is 40 and over , if you drop below this I would believe that you will not meet this criteria and therefore refused (just guessing here) it would all depends if you have any co morbidities etc........

All the best - MeJulie x x

Girls Im wondering, if I go back on the reductil for a couple of months and lose weight, as I will drop to under the 40BMI - would I then be turned down for surgery for being under the 40bmi?

This worries me and its preventing me for wanting to go back on the pills.

Hi cheers I believe although I live in Kent I would come under Mr Somers at Chichester and so my GP told me I had to have a BMI of 40, I dont think I have any co-morbs though - except for PCOS although I dont think that counts. I dont know if I have sleep apnea, we haven't talked about that.

But yeah if I lose weight then I'll probably get turned down anyway. So its pointless me taking reductil for the next 3 months I think.

Hello I am not 100% on this so don't quote me , But I have pcos as well:cry: and I was referred by my endcrinologists for wls...so I am thinking maybe pcos does count as a comorbidity,as its a health issue which can be improved/cleared by losing vast amounts of weight...... again just thinking out loud. Am sure someone will be along to clear this up.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Hi cheers I believe although I live in Kent I would come under Mr Somers at Chichester and so my GP told me I had to have a BMI of 40, I dont think I have any co-morbs though - except for PCOS although I dont think that counts. I dont know if I have sleep apnea, we haven't talked about that.

But yeah if I lose weight then I'll probably get turned down anyway. So its pointless me taking reductil for the next 3 months I think.

Ohh cool I think its worth mentioning to my doc then.

Because I do notice if I lose weight the symptoms all but disappear.

And I am convinced that losing the weight will fix my fertility, whilst babies isnt something me and the fella are all that interested in, I would at least have the option.

Hi Weightogo, :welcome2:to mini's and yes you're right Serenity is lovely and always very helpful on here. Hope you find the forum a great place for answers to your question and lots of encouragement like many of us here do.Good luck with your wls journey.

Back