• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone!

BeckyNoLimits

Hey ladies and gents,

As you can prob tell because I'm posting under the introduce yourself section... I'm new here!!! :p

My name is Rebecca (30), I'm a nurse from Melbourne, Australia. So if you're from Australia let me know!

I'm planning on having a BPD - DS with Dr Simon Woods sometime after June the 14th. In Australia we have a private health insurance set up so once I serve my 12 months waiting period with this insurance company they will be willing to pay for my surgery but I'll have a gap payment of around $5000 and then I'll have to pay the consultation fee's, which would be an extra $1000 roughly.

So I haven't actually been to see my Dr yet because I'm still saving for the funds. We really don't have anything to prove to our health insurance companies so after you get a referral letter from your GP then you make an appointment with your surgeons office its a pretty fast process after that. (Hopefully) :cool:

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you!

Thanks for reading this. :D

Welcome aboard!!! Lovely to have you with us and I wish you the very best with your WLS xxxx

Hi and Welcome xx

Welcome and good luck x

Hi and Welcome, Good Luck with your wls xx

Hey ladies and gents,

As you can prob tell because I'm posting under the introduce yourself section... I'm new here!!! :p

My name is Rebecca (30), I'm a nurse from Melbourne, Australia. So if you're from Australia let me know!

I'm planning on having a BPD - DS with Dr Simon Woods sometime after June the 14th. In Australia we have a private health insurance set up so once I serve my 12 months waiting period with this insurance company they will be willing to pay for my surgery but I'll have a gap payment of around $5000 and then I'll have to pay the consultation fee's, which would be an extra $1000 roughly.

So I haven't actually been to see my Dr yet because I'm still saving for the funds. We really don't have anything to prove to our health insurance companies so after you get a referral letter from your GP then you make an appointment with your surgeons office its a pretty fast process after that. (Hopefully) :cool:

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you!

Thanks for reading this. :D
Hi Rebecca,

Wishing you the very best of luck for your op and how lucky you are in Australia being covered by Insurance - we are in the dark ages in the UK.
My daughter Jessica is in Sydney for a year and is in Sydney Childrens Hospital working in Intensive Care. I had the op intentionally when she had gone as I have a dream to be able to meet her at the airport in August and for her to have trouble recognising me!!!
She went to Melbourne for her birthday in April to see Riverdance and her and her partner fell in love with the place. They much prefer it to Sydney.
Anyway best wishes from the UK/
Suzanne
xxx

Hi Rebecca,

Wishing you the very best of luck for your op and how lucky you are in Australia being covered by Insurance - we are in the dark ages in the UK.
My daughter Jessica is in Sydney for a year and is in Sydney Childrens Hospital working in Intensive Care. I had the op intentionally when she had gone as I have a dream to be able to meet her at the airport in August and for her to have trouble recognising me!!!
She went to Melbourne for her birthday in April to see Riverdance and her and her partner fell in love with the place. They much prefer it to Sydney.
Anyway best wishes from the UK/
Suzanne
xxx

That's fantastic!!! I love Melbourne, I'm originally from Darwin the top end of Australia which is a very small town and the gate way to Asia. Melbourne has so much culture. Sydney is pretty cool as well hehe :D

You're daughter is going to LOOOOOVE showing you all the delights Australia has to offer. You're going to love it!

Congratulations on your surgery!

Back