• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a newbie hear and just getting started on my wls journey

optimistic

Hey everyone. I am new to this site. I'm just trying to educate myself and get ready for my journey.. I heave been struggling with my weight for over 15 years. I would diet and exercise to lose 20 or 30 lbs just to start gaining it back after a few months. I have done diet pillls, personal trainers, doctors programs etc.....my pcp referred meto a bariatric Dr last spring but at the time many bmi had dropped below 40 and said it would be a struggle top get insurance to pay.
So here I am now 9 months later and have my first consult with the surgeons office 1/9/13. I'm very nervous but very hopeful that I can get my journey started. I've been researching different surgeries for almost 2 yrs now. I think I know what to expect and what surgery I want to persue. Any advice is more than welcome.

Height 5'5.5"
Current weight 245

I Am in north AL. I'm leaving toward RNY. At first I thought banding was for me but after tons of research I'm leaning toward RNY. How about you?

hi I had duodenal switch Nov 11 I have lost 12 stones and yesterday bought my first size 12 dress since I was 18 33yrs ago xxx I wish you the best of luck on Wednesday xxx they will advise you which is the most suitable op to fit your habits and lifestyle xx

nervous too

optimistic i feel the same i have appointment on 15th jan to see dietitian and 8th feb for surgeon im panicking iv put on weight since my weigh in :cry:
Best of luck for you 1st consult x

Hi and welcome, I hope that you will find this place the wonderful help it has been to me.

I am a bander - just coming up to 19 weeks post op and have so far lost 5 1/2 stone - still a way to go yet as I was a very high BMI and weight when I started, but am loving how its going and how Im able to work with my band :)

I Am in north AL. I'm leaving toward RNY. At first I thought banding was for me but after tons of research I'm leaning toward RNY. How about you?

Apologies - where is AL?! :confused: I am in Oxford and wanting something more permanent than a band - preferably sleeve :)

hi optimistic and welcome wish u well on ur journey all i can advise is read about every surgery and try decide when uve spoken to ur surgeon he or she might be able to help u choose i had gastric bypass 21st nov 2012 lost 4 stone hope this helps good luck x

Didnt want to read and run just wanted to say hello and good luck with your appt. xx

Back