• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone

Perrie333

Hi All,
I'm new to posting on the forum, but have been a member for some time. You guys have been my reference and support , answering so many of my questions and finally giving me the courage to go ahead with the surgery, so just want to say thanks to you all for that, your amazing. :)
I had my op 'gastric sleeve' on 3.5.14 . I haven't told anyone, other than my fantastic hubby and 2 other family members. I have lost 16lbs so far but weight is static for the last 3 days, which I am finding so hard to understand :mad:. But where as I would of normally binged by now on a normal diet plan, I can't, so that's fab. The sleeve has given me the will power /tool that I needed in my weight loss journey . Thanks again.

hi perrie welcome and congrats on the op the static could be as you progress to different foods i was told recently as i progressed to normal food i could remain or gain so may well be that just give it a week or two and then if still not losing try liquids again for afew days to give it another kick start

welcome :)

Hello there

Welcome!

I am also 3 weeks post op - sleeved too and I have had similar weightloss to you and have also had a bit of a week 3 stall! I am not sure what's going on but I know that I'm following everything properly and that my body is still healing so I am trying not to give myself a hardtime about it. The scales have only moved 500g in the past few days but my clothes continue to get baggy and my energy levels are slowly improving so I must be on the mend. I have my first post-op check up on Friday morning and am hoping they will reassure me that it will take a little while for the weight loss to settle into some kind of predictable pattern.

I totally agree with your thoughts on if this happened on a normal diet - I'd be like show me the pizza hut/ice cream/booze etc and fall totally off the wagon but this is no longer an option! A relief in itself.

I moved from liquids to puree yesterday and spent the day with my face in the toilet bowl being very ill but so far today I've managed to hold it all down, I'll tell you what - I'd never have thought of a spoonful of tuna and a spoonful of mash as a big meal until today! Took nearly an hour but man did it taste good!

Keep going, it will sort itself out soon. X

Also while not losing weight could well be losing inches so worth measuring aswell

Back