• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone!

Gina1962

I am due to have an NHS funded gastric sleeve in June 2016. I have been in the NHS Bariatric system, jumping the hoops for over two years now. I have my next consultation on Tuesday when I will sign my consent form and go on the surgeon's waiting list.

I was only able to be offered a gastric sleeve due to bowel issues.

I am concerned about having the sleeve due to the large area of staples on the remaining bit of stomach.

Would love to hear from other people who have had an NHS gastric sleeve.

hello and welcome to the club!
cant help you with your questions as I'm a bypasser but I'm very sure someone will pop up soon and offer some answers in the meantime keep on keeping on

Hi and welcome

Hello! I'm a sleever - private not NHS - and loving it! Definitely the best thing I've ever done. Good luck on your weight loss journey - keep us updated :)

Hi Just wondering what hoops you've had to jump through? I'm in the process of being referred to Tier 3 at the weigh ahead with Spire in Southampton fingers crossed they accept me into their program. Just wondering how long the process takes really... I'm 24 and I've been overweight all of my life... currently 5"4 20stone and BMI of 49. GP has been far from helpful and I've had to push through the referral xx

Back