• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I’m new!

Parsnip

Hello! I’ve been lurking and reading posts for a while but thought it was time to get involved.

I’m four weeks out from bypass surgery and doing well so far. Looking forward to getting to know you all
Hi and welcome.
Congratulations on your bypass. I'm still preop but booked to have a bypass in July. How have you been finding things?

Maria61

Hello! I’ve been lurking and reading posts for a while but thought it was time to get involved.

I’m four weeks out from bypass surgery and doing well so far. Looking forward to getting to know you all
Hi and welcome I had bypass at Luton in September 2017 x

Bling Babe

Hi, welcome to the forum, I also had a bypass at Luton in April 2018, I’m glad your doing well, did you do lots of research before surgery so you know what to do now ? Xx

Squid83

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It’s so helpful to read about everyone’s experiences.

I’m doing pretty well now, was absolutely exhausted for the first couple of weeks and didn’t react too well to the general anaesthetic! Third week had killer constipation but seem to be over the worst of everything now.

Haven’t had any dumping at all (yet) and haven’t had trouble with any foods, no sickness or nausea or anything getting stuck. At Luton, the advice is to start mashed foods after two weeks and I was so nervous about moving on from fluids.

A couple of times I’ve felt a little over-full, I think probably from eating too quickly for the ‘full’ signal to register but I’ve started to stop halfway through a meal for 5 minutes to see how full I’m feeling before continuing.

I did do lots of reading before hand, but the advice from everywhere seems so different that I’ve just stick religiously to the advice offered by the team.

I’m 4 weeks 2 days post op and including two weeks on the LRD I’ve lost 2st 10lbs!

Sarnie

Hiya, I had gastric bypass on the 16th of April at Luton, so not far behind you. How are you finding it so far? x